I finally took my own advice

Sue

WELL, I finally did it. I took my own advice and I cut my hair OFF <_< in total about 12-14 inches. I have had my hair cut in the same old 70"s Farrah Fawcett hair cut forever. What a pain in the morning I never feel good enuf to do it anyway. so we pin up what we can and leave the rest. Well last night my sister in law to be cut it off. This morning we are talking 10 minutes max to do my hair, and that was without getting all sweaty and nauseaus, I am soooo HAPPY!! My husband hasn't seen it yet so he is going to freak. Its spikey in the back (thats pretty short :) ) and basically just feathered in the front. so yes I still have a little bit of 70's still going on, but i did it.

I have never been a fan of short hair but I sure am now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congradulation,

You must be eager to see your husband's reaction!

I had to do the same last year. Before I had my hair down to my waist but I lost half of it when I started to get sick.

I always enjoyed having long hair but now I can only manage short hair.

Ernie

Sue,

Congrats on cutting your hair! I grew mine out really long a few years ago and cut it off for Locks of Love (they make wigs for kids with cancer). I also found that short hair was much easier to deal with! <_< If you still have that 12-14 inch pony tail and want a worthy cause to donate it to, you should consider Locks of Love- it's a great organization!

Hope all is well!

~ Meghan :)

Welcome the sisterhood of women with short easy to care for hair!

I joined the club also this month after a much too long sabaticle.

I also donated like Meghan to Locks of Love.

I was surprised by how pain free it is to have really short hair. Even gentle little tugs on a collar or sweater really adds up through out the day. And at night, I can toss and turn to my hearts content without getting a face full of hair.

It has made a big difference in my life.

Congratulations and welcome to the short hair celebration club!

EM

Yes I did do that!!!

My husband was so surprised!! He couldn't believe I finally did it. I have been talking about it for quite some time. He says he loves it!!!! He kept playing with the back, its really short and I put gel in it so its kind of spikey. He is so funny, he thinks he now has a "retro wife" lol

I sure had extra time this morning <_< I was actually dumbfounded to be finished so fast. What a great feeling!! Too bad I didn't do this long ago when I was working. I could have used that extra hour to sleep.

:) Good night

Sue

I'm so envious! I have a very long, skinny face with a long, scrawny neck and excessively thinning hair. I look like an absolute freak with short hair, and can't even do bangs to soften the look because of the terrible thinness. My only saving grace is that my hair is somewhat wavy, so I have a little volume at the sides.

Some days, just holding my arms up long enough to wash my hair in the shower is really difficult. But I guess I'm not ready to sacrifice my already far-from-model appearance for the convenience of the short hair. Sigh . . . vanity wins.

I think it's cool that you can have short hair. My problem is, it's such a "crisis" for me to go to the hairdresser to get it cut (I feel bad when I'm sitting still, dizzy, weird, insecure), that I avoid the hairdresser unless I'm having a particularly good day and I can't stand the length of my hair any more. This turns out to be about every 6 months. I've heard that if I get my hair cut short, I might have to show up every six weeks, and there's no way I would do that. I would go into "crisis" mode at just the thought of "having" to go. So my hair is quite long, and I wear it in a bun on most days, and I curl it once on Sundays and may wear it pulled "half" back or in a nice pony tail.

But, enjoy your new hairstyle. I'm sure it's a lot easier.

Well I am lucky my sister in law cuts my hair at home and thats bad enuf. But she did suggest that you could call some beauty shops and ask if they have anyone who makes housecalls. Alot of them do and my sister in law has gotten many clients that way.

Its worth a try!!

Sue