Is It Just Me ,another Torn Ligament From Pisiform Bone.

willows

I'm now getting worried as I've just gone and done my right hand/wrist in again and am now strapped to a board for about anything from 6 to 12 weeks.

So far in the past few months I've had both of my hips re-aligned twice as either one or the other will drop about 1 .5 to 2 inches out of alignment to the other ...............'wibbly-wobbly walker or what'

Then as you may remember I tore my right thumb of the joint whilst trying to get out of the bathroom and ended up with my poor Doctor injecting me in the base with steroids and half killing me in the process ...............OMG never again . :(

Just recently my left elbow came out of its socket ................OMG ouch :( or what ..............a real screamer of a day that was and poor old hubby had to pull, twist and snap it back in for me to shut me up before I passed out on the floor .

A few days later my right elbow got half way stuck ..............just a little shout at about level 'cover your ears' this time!

Now .............. well now I just dont believe this, I was just innocently reaching for a large dish from the cupboard and as I got hold of it something went ..........'twang' and pain shot up my right arm :( .

I have just come back from my friendly Doc , who although didn't mean to , inflicted vast amounts of pain to my wrist and had me talking perfectly normal one sentence then suddenly increase my level to about a 1000 decibels .

yep , I've gone and torn bits of me again , this time the ligament of my Pisiform bone , so text book is it that the Doc could poke her finger right 100% in the middle of the exact place .................and have me leaving the chair in 2 second flat ( world record ????)

So here I am all strapped up from my fingers to my mid arm again , pain on lifting , pulling, pushing, poking , wiggling , in fact just about every movement a girl would wish to do with her hands........... :P ..............

so ..............is this just ME or is it as we get older ( not wiser mind you ) or is it that if we have had POTS for a certain amount of time or at a certain level .............that we just start to become this ...............

'wiggly-woggly multi- moving menagerie of mind -of -there -own bones and ligaments '

Because I just dont like this and its getting me down somewhat to say the least . :(

I haven't slept for more than 2 -3 hours now for 10-12 days and I'm so tired I feel sick all the time and keep 'sick burping ' ...........oh, I hate that dont you , yuck !!!! ;)

If anyone out there has seen Dr Grubbs about ' loose joints or constant tearing of ligaments suddenly happening ' so much so that you dont know if your body's coming , going or just been somewhere , PLEASE I beg of you let me know what he's said as I need some help ( and so does doc ) I cannot imagine facing the next weeks , months , years constantly strapped , plastered ( alcohol free ) braced and what ever else the hospital can do to me .

I'm off to bed now ( 1 .40 pm in afternoon as I cant keep my eye's open anymore , let me know if you have this to and we can form an all girl ( unless your a man obviously ) ' leaky -sqeaky multi -moving bone dancing team '

OMG ...tired or what !

Look after yourselves , just like me .................. :) AMI XXXXXXXXXXXX

There's been a lot of discussion on the board about hypermobility, as it seems many pots people also have ehlers-danlos syndrome. You could search that too. At any rate, regardless of the official diagnosis, there are guidelines for managing hypermobile joints and treating them--If you go to www.ednf.org, there's info on physical therapy. Loose-jointed folks need small, controlled ranges of motion, NOT stretching. You might ask to meet with a physical therapist and have them look at the stability of your joints throughout. I only really started having trouble at 35 (I'm almost 41). Ergonomics are key, as is keeping joints in their mid-range, not end-range. (Just because I can stick my foot in my mouth, doesn't make it a good idea!!!!) Good luck.

I wonder if you might have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobility type). This is now thought to be the same condition as Benign Joint Hypermobility Syndrome. I'd do some searching and if it sounds like it fits ask your doctor. I'm not sure that Dr Grubb would be the best person to advise on joints and recurrent injuries. I'd have thought that a rheumatologist would be the most help - they deal with problems of the joints and connective tissues. Most large hospitals have a rheumatology department so there should be one somewhere near you.

Hope the pain settles down soon,

Flop

Thanks all for the replies .

My hand is not as bad as the last one , thank goodness , but I think its probably because I know what to do and how much not to do things ,this time , if that makes sense .

I've started with my hip pain again today and am now stuck ever morning like a tortoise on my back unable to get up , Mike and Mark are getting quite good at getting me upright , they now know when to pull and when to stop by the 'groaning , squawking and ahhhhhhhhhhhh's I make and the loudness of my voice <_<

OH Dear , this means the cold weather is definitely on its way to the UK , so its time for the big coats , hats , gloves and scarf's to come out of hiding ..............ooooh , I forgot its furry hat and coat time ( my Chrissy present from Mark last christmas ) so thats OK by me ...........let it snow for all I care I love my furry hat and coat ! :P

Trouble is with the cold comes this pain, its almost feels like I've been kicked in the wobbly bit of the bum :( by what I couldnt possibly think , unless Mark had a night of line dancing and caught me one :) but then if you where kicked in the bum cheeck by a 13 stone man in the middle of the night I think you'd some how notice wouldnt you ????? Nope, I recon I need my legs pulled again :( oh , I just love having that done ............NOT .

Well a girl can't it all ways can she , nice furry hat , coat knee high leather boots , leather gloves and a big smile as I just love this outfit ...........so chic , so furry and so daft as a squirrel ............yep , just so me . And not have pain from the cold that's making her wear her nice teddy bear coat .

Willows ...............body going North , mind going South !

Blimey , talk about............. 'give us a hand dear' or.............. 'you hold it , I'll hit it ' :(

My right hand /wrist is just about 10% of what it was now , can't hold anything over a 1 lb in weight before it starts to fall off or out of things ................water ..............boiling , out of the kettle onto the floor , preferably not on ones feet or hows about a large mug of coffee ( very hot ) straight down the front of bosses trousers ................my goodness I didn't know he was quite so young and agile as that before now!

No , not funny ...........well , it was to watch ........ but I just cannot hold anything with much weight in this hand anymore , it all just falls to the floor if I do , you name it ............its on the floor , on me or on other things :P

I've just emailed my nice doc for help and understanding on this , asked for a better brace , suggested a cement water pipe ! but dont know if she will think this funny or not !

So, what with me painting again after 30 + years of not picking up a brush ( long story of being put down by ex-hubby over my work ) and making both Hubby and Son stand with mouths open , becuase I can actually paint ................. :o and never told them ???? oooooops, forgot about it !

well I'm now on a huge 3 x 2 foot canvas and my hand/wrist is making it jolly hard work , I have done one practice of styles painting so far , but this is my first real canvas for donkeys years .............called 'Hagrid's window' , when its done I will post it on my link to the photo sight for you all to see and comment on ........... :)

So at this time I'm just strapping , unstrapping , strapping , unstrapping ................great fun , I feel like something from a a strip show ........................oooops well with my clothes on just the bandages coming and going like mad !

Hello, Hello , Hello , that's funny just caught sight of myself in a mirror ......mmmmmmmm, eye's bright pink now .......................feeling cold................strangely stiff..............WARNING , WARNING this girl is about to have a dam POTS running fast session again ......................oh , humbug off to bed and feeling like cow poo again for a couple of days , never mind new car comes on Saturday :P bright sapphire metallic blue 4x4 ................oooooooooh , now thats cheered a girl up a bit , about this (...............................................................) much !

Bye , bye hand now waving to you all ..................willows ............ah, nice soft squishy bed awaiting :)

Looking forward to seeing your painting!

I once dumped coffee down the front of my boss. He was standing behind some swinging doors, and when I came barreling through, the doors hit him and down his front it went. He said he was going to charge me for dry cleaning but didn't!

Amy

Boy was I right or what :o .

Its now Sunday and I've only just got up at 3 .45am in the morning , errrrr, so its Monday in fact . I didn't get to go and pick up the new car , hubby went and got it , I did managed to have an hours drive on Sunday morning from 11 am to 12 midday , then came home and had another angina attack + wanting to throw up + chronic contractions of the stomach, you try calling out with vomit , banging with your hands when your holding your stomach and also not fall off the bed onto the floor at the same time as trying to reach for your GTN spray .............. luckily the boys ( hubby & Son ) hearing me clattering about and banging my feet on the floor came rushing up , just at the right time ..............with a waste paper bin , my, my do they know me that well now !!!!!!

So I've been stuck in bed for about a week on and off now , lost 5-6 lbs in weight and still cant eat more than about 1/2 a plate of food that you would give to a 5 year old .............a very small 5 year old at that !

I tried eating 2 of those warm french vanilla rolls , the ones that are as big as large pork sausages , managed 1 1/3 before I was unable to eat anymore , most strange , most peculiar , most helpful in a way as I need to loose a bit of weight before christmas , but this isn't quite the way I'd thought I'd do it .

Well thanks for your replies , take care all , I will have great fun in the new car soon a small 4 x4 in that metalic vivid carribean blue ..............stunning . Willows.