Endometriosis confirmation

Ling

I am back at work after my operation. I definitely have bad Endometriosis but my doctor was very worried on Monday evening when he saw my husband and me. At some point in my life I have damaged my F. tubes. They are very swollen and red. My gp was in theatre as well with my doctor. I was lucky to be in excellent hand the day of the operation. My husband and I have to start our family immediately, they aren't very sure if I will be able to fall pregnant the normal way. It is going to be one long and hard road ahead for us. My gyny does not want me on any medication once we start trying. I am petrified of life without my heart and blood pressure tablets. I have started taking the pill again he only wants me to menstruate every 4 months. This will help in keeping the damage stagnant and hopefully not growing. I have started my pre vitamins and once I get the go ahead from my Cardiologist I will stop all the other medication. We basically are looking at starting to try in January we only have until December. Then we have to start other methods of falling pregnant.

Just when you think you have collect enough diseases, your body gives you a few more. It is getting blady ridiculous at this point. But what can we do. I now have the facts and knowledge and have started walking the obviously difficult road ahead.

How did you moms live with out medicaiton?

Ling--I am so sorry for all you have been through. Endometriosis, on top of all else. I hope the operation helped. A friend of mine had bad endometriosis and had to have a similar operation. After that she conceived 3 children over the following seven years.

As far as stopping the meds--I hope you are able to do fine without them. You have to stop all meds? B/c some meds don't have to be stopped with pregnancy, according to the doctors of other POTS patients on this forum. Perhaps you want to look into those with your doctors.

Most women with POTS feel better during pregnancy, so I hope that will be the case for you too.

Katherine

tsampa

I am not an expert by any means, nor do I have endometriosis. But I have friends who have it. My understanding is that it is characterized by inappropriate growth of uterine tissue outside the uterus--thus, often the fallopian tubes get blocked, rendering the patient infertile--unless the blockage can be removed. It is also characterized by very painful menses. It cannot be diagnosed for sure until a doctor actually gets a look at your reproductive organs.

If I have made any errors in my description--anyone, please correct me.

It is a fairly common problem. You could also look it up in any medical reference book to get more information about it.

Katherine

You will know something is horrible wrong. Is very painful. I had it between my rectum and vaginal wall. When menstruating I could not even sit down or go to the bathroom. I also am very sensitive there; bleeding more often even thought I was on the pill and painful sex. I just thought I was always sensitive and that it was nothing to worry about. I stopped the pill and all **** broke loos. The pain became unbearable.

The rest is correctly described. :P

My gyny did my annual check up and I screamed while he examined me it was so painful. The operation just confirmed that I have Endometriosis and removed all growths from the areas affected. :P The operation was much worst than I expected. I research and spoke to other ladies and never expected the amount of pain I had after the operation. But obviously it will be worth it when I have a baby one day. :P

I have pain and diarrea all the time.

And during my menstruation when i must go to the restroom I have a lot of pain to my rectume.

are this the symptome of endometriose ?

I will see a gastro in two weeks I hope that he found a solution because every day I have diarrea.

thanks

tsampa

Ling is right - you DON'T deserve to be in pain! My pain level was so high for so many years that after I had my hysterectomy the post-op pain was actually a relief. I did not need any pain medication for it. When I look back on the years I was misreable from the severe pain - and all the doctors that told me it was "normal" - I could just scream! It is kind of like the problems we are having now and the idiot doctors we have to put up with. My conclusion - that I am sure will be seconded - is that doctors prefer to blame the patient for things they don't understand.