Neuropathic Pain

Just being my usual worried self today. :P

For the past few days, I've noticed that sometimes I get a burning sensation in the toes in my left foot. I have noticed a few places that have said neuropathic pain can go along with POTS. Have any of you had something similar happen? Everytime I get something new, I get terrified that it will never go away and become chronic (probably because I have so many chronic issues already.)

Just seing my doctor isn't really much of a possibility. The neurologist who diagnosed me has a waiting list of a few months to get in. Besides, I'm a hypochondriac. If I went in for everything I worry about, I'd be in there all the time.

Any advice? Has anyone ever had burning pain that went away on its own? Thanks.

Amy

Hi Amy,

My feet burn at night, so I just kick them out from under the covers. I used to have to sleep with ice packs on my feet all night because they burned so much! But I don't have to do that anymore, thankfully. The burning pain has gone away some all on its own.

Unless it really starts to interfere with your life because it gets really uncomfortable, don't worry about it. You can mention it to your doctor when you see him next, but don't fret!

Take care,

Rachel

Hi,

I think you should probably get this checked out or at least noted as this is how my peripheral neuropathy started with me just in the toes and I ignored it till it gradually got to a point where over 2 yrs it is now in my feet, lower legs, hands and arms. Nerve conduction studies can confirm wether it is this or not. I am currently undergoing investigation for amyloidosis related to this pain.

I hope this resolves for you soon!

Take care

Thanks for all of your advice!

For now, I'm just going to do some watchful waiting. It's only been a week or so. I'm such a hypochondriac that if I got checked out for every little symptom I notice, I'd be in the doctor's office daily.

If it gets worse, I'll definitely reconsider.

I hate bodily inconsistencies! They scare the crap out of me!

Amy

Hi

I too have burning in feet sometimes feels like travelling down leg and hands also, actually all sorts of places on and off. Goes away by itself.

I wake quite often with hands completely numb but goes away by itself.

Do you ever wake with a stiff neck. This happens to me quite often. Muscles tend to tense up easy.

Many thanks

Valentine

Hey, Valentine I wake up almost every day with numb hands. They feel like they are asleep.

My neck is frequently stiff and painful. It is kind of like a "crick" but not as tight.

I had no idea that some other POTSy people had these symptoms!

Hummmmmmmm

Hi Amy, Sorry it took me so long to reply...

Yes, I do have small-fiber neuropathy. It was dx from quantitative sensory testing and now it is monitored by my clinical visits. They have measured that it has only gotten slightly worse.

With the medication I usually only get the burning/pain on hot nights.

~Elle