Its Me Again

ArmyNPots

Hey Everyone,

I dont know if anyone remembers me but I used to write on here alot. I stopped awhile back because a doctor I had gone to told me I didnt have Dysautonomia (like all of the other doctrs had said I did) and he rediagnosed me with "dizzyness"

I have to tell you that it took alot out of me to one day understand my diagnosis and weird symptoms, and then the next day have someone basically laugh at you and make you feel stupid.

I did try to do the smart thing and get a second opinion, but I am in the army and doctors usually try not to over ride one another.

So there I was, in the army with no medical condition and suffering. Finally as I was doing a routine chckup with another doctor, he realized that something was in deed definetely wrong and he sent me to a civilian doctor who then rediagnosed me with Dysautonomia. This new Doctor I have is wonderful, he understands the disease entirely.

I have started writing again because since Monday, I was admitted into the hospital (released today) and I feel like there is no one to talk to about what I go through...what we all go through from day to day.

I hate hearing people think that they know the disease and just say "drink water", or "its all in your head, you can control it"

If anyone is still reading at this point, I thank you and hope that you are not struggling at this time

Sorry you had to come back, but welcome back!

Yes, drinking enough water helps. It is not a cure, however. And it is not all in your head! Of course, I've spent the last three years thinking it was all in my head, so I'm still working on that!

I don't remember you because I'm new. But I understand the weird symptoms, and I'm glad you now have what seems like a correct diagnosis.

We're here for you!

Amy

Hello "me again"!! :) It's good to 'see' you back on the boards. Sorry to hear you had to go through so much confusion...it's so hard to get an accurate diagnosis especially with dysautonomia. I'm glad that you've found a doc. that has a handle on things and can start to give you the proper medical care and support. I hope that things start to improve for you soon now that you'll be getting some treatment. Take care!

Michele :P

Jaime,

Keep your head up! :P I actually do believe I remember you posting quite awhile back, of course my fog was quite worse those days so... I know exactly what your going through, getting a diagnosis from a doctor that has a clue about pots is quite a task. But I will tell you that the road is much easier knowing that its not all in your head, and having the right treatment regime.

People tend to judge me because they cannot see my illness, including my family. Which at times is the hardest part of this whole ordeal. I'm glad you've found a doctor to help and I do hope your doing much better soon :)

Nice to talk to you again,

Jaime,

Hello! Of course we remember you! I'm sorry to hear about all that you've been through recently with your health and with dr's. We are here for you...I'm glad you posted. Can I pray for you?

Take care,

Lisa

Hello,

Yes, I do remember you. Welcome back! It is good to see you again.

I'm sorry you've had to struggle so much with your health and getting a proper diagnosis. It is good to hear, though, that you now have a new doctor who is helpful and taking your dysautonomia seriously. I hope that he can find a good treatment plan for you.

Best wishes,

Rachel

Welcome back.....glad you got back to us when you need us. It hard for us to emotionally understand that this disorder is not in our heads as we spend years trying to get a correct dx. We are told for years that it's in our heads, we're depressed, we want attention, we're lazy etc, etc, etc. But when you finally get the DX after all the tests...it's pure joy!!! Joy you say, yes, joy to know that we are not crazy, but have been undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for years. And finally knowing that you have dx and can work from that point on to control what we have. I actually cried to my PCP after I was DX by my cardio. They were the only 2 doctors I had that didn't think I was crazy. I'm glad they didn't give up and worked to find answers for me.

I'm sorry you had such a rough time of it, but from her on out you can use your energy to work on your disorder instead of trying to prove it to the doctors. Hope you get feeling better soon.