Tell Me Again Why I Look 5 Months Pregnant?

Yes, I get this, more so since the POTs became bad. I can go from looking 6mths pregnant to normal and back again in the space of a day lol.

I know mine is due to IBS, Lactose intolerance and possibly blood pooling. There's also a question mark over whether I have coeliac disease as well.

The same thing happened to me for years! I went through multiple tests from GI and never had relief. I was a size 4 but had to wear elastic waistbands too and I had a doctor actually give me a pregnancy test because I was so big when I saw him. It turned out that I too have a wheat and pasta intolerance. Since I cut back on the carbs it has gone away for 8 years.

The same thing happened to me for years! I went through multiple tests from GI and never had relief. I was a size 4 but had to wear elastic waistbands too and I had a doctor actually give me a pregnancy test because I was so big when I saw him. It turned out that I too have a wheat and pasta intolerance. Since I cut back on the carbs it has gone away for 8 years.

Yes, I totally agree with the food intolerances. I cut wheat and dairy out and the bloating is much better. ;)

slow motility of any/all of the GI tract can also cause this, including but not limited to gastroparesis &/or intestinal pseudo-obstruction. autonomic neuropathy can be the underlying cause behind GI motility issues (though not the only cause). for many with dysmotility fiber will make things worse so this is something else to consider, though unless you have a definitive diagnosis it's probably not a good idea to cut out fiber as it's a healthy thing for most.

i have a lot of bloating/ abdominal distention at times related to my dysmotility even though i no longer eat. the severity comes & goes & it's somewhat better now that i have gastric drainage but it's something i've had to some degree (at least on & off) for at least 12 years now. so you're definitely not on your own with this.

;) melissa

After I was diagosed with interstitial cystitis, I spent a lot of time on that board, and a lot of those women complained about the same thing. I'm obviously not suggesting that you have IC, but I'm just saying that there probably are a bunch of causes of the same symptom. I know that when my bladder is full, my stomach sticks out a lot. Luckily, there's an easy way to fix it!

Amy

I was diagnosed within the last month with NCS but first was diagnosed with GERD in January. Now looking back I am certain that it is all related. Last night I looked at least 4 months pregnant myself. Bloating, low bowel motility.

My treatment for NCS is proamitine, 5mg in the am, lunch and 5pm. It is helping alot but the bloating is no better.

mary

Blood pooling and gravity--- ;)

I get the same thing, only I blow up in my gut so big that I have to unzip my pants all the way down to the end.

I really despise this part of my POTS. When I wake up in the morning it's all gone. In the evening it's the worst.

Makes sense to me that gravity and pooling gets worse as the day goes on. I came up with a new word for how this feels----------------------------Bulbacious---or Bulbis..... ;) My husband gets the biggest kick out of this when I say that word.

In the evening when we eat dinner I'm only able to eat a tiny amount of food.

Maxine :0)

Hi

Thanks for the responses. I feel like it is a POTS thing because it is worse when I am "potsy". I do have IC. I was dx over 20 years ago but was enjoying a loooong remission until this year. I never really understood the ic belly....Any way I think I will try smaller meals and sipping water all day instead of chugging once an hour. I hope everyone is having a good day.