At my wit's end

I've been on an FMLA leave from work for about 6 weeks now. I tried to go back this morning and had diarrhea and was nauseated, sweaty and clammy to the point where i couldn't keep my meds down. I've used up all of my sick time, and i'm perilously close to losing my job. Frustratingly enough, I saw my PCP yesterday and told him that i've been experiencing the nausea (that's always been a predominate symptom for me). He prescribed prevacid and told me and I quote " I'm not sure that the nausea has anything to do with the POTS." I KNOW that it does, but there was no explaining that to him. When I first got sick that was my only symptom, severe nausea. Up until that time I had never had that problem. That's my biggest complaint, I can't drive 45 mintues to work in rush hour and than do my job feeling nauseated. I'm only 20 years old. I'm supposed to start my nursing clinicals in the fall. I can't see living another even 50 years feeling like this. I'd feel like a failure if I quit my job, not to mention that i'd lose everything I own. Those of you who have been in this situation, how did you decide when to throw in the towel and say enough is enough and quit work? My family has always been of the "just deal with it" mindset. I can't "just deal with" feeling like this and trying to function anymore.

I totally understand what you are going thru, just as a lot of people on this site will. I was having real problems at work ie. , to many absentees, unable to do my job properly, fainting...........my employer forced me to quit. My doctor had told me months prior to this that I should think about disability but I wouldn't listen. I am in the process of trying to get disability benefits now. I haven't experienced nausea as a symptom I relate to dysautonomia but everyone is different. I wish the best for you.

Paige

have you tried emetrol? It is an anti-nausea syrup that you can buy at any drug store. I tried it for my morning sickness and it didnt help but my mom swears by it. Its worth a try if you havent already. It comes in cherry and lemon (get the cherry). It tastes horrible, but what medicine doesn't. Good luck.

I don't know if it will be the right thing for you, but I get incredible results from a homeopathic remedy called Nux Vomica. My nausea isn't nearly as severe or constant as what you describe, but this remedy is nearly miraculous for me. I almost always only need to take one dose and the nausea is gone.

Considering your history, it might take more doses for you, but it's very inexpensive and has no side effects, so it would certainly be worth a try. You can take one every 15 min. if necessary until the nausea subsides. Just be sure to take it at least 15 min. before or after food or drink.

You can get this at most health food stores or online.