Just Beta Blocker?

Just wondering, seems to be a lot of people on here that are very sensitive to beta blocker. beta has been the only med to help me. I am currently only taking beta blocker and do just fine with it -- no light-headedness or dizziness and it slows the tachy -- to a point -- around 110 standing from 190 standing without beta.

Is anyone JUST on a beta blocker to control symptoms and is it helpful to you?

I was just on a small dose of beta blocker for a while (Atenolol 25mg daily) but that small amt. didn't do me much good. I quit taking it, and last year a different doc. put me back on the same beta blocker, but doubled the dosage. Now I take 25 mg 2x daily, and I see a huge difference. It keeps my heart rate down, and I generally feel better on it. But, I also started taking a very small dose of Klonopin at night (.5 mg) and that has helped take the edge of that wirey, anxious feeling I get, and has improved my sleep tremendously. Beta blockers aren't for everyone, but they have worked for me. I tried a different beta blocker a few years ago, and I thought I was actually going to die on it, so different beta blockers affect me differently.

BB have helped me alot. They help me with my racing heart, but the down side for me is they lower my bp alot. So I have found that taking smaller amonts thought the day is much better then taking a large amount once a day. It was a trail and error thing for me.

I take 25 mg Toprol XL. Before I started taking it, I was very compromised. I couldn't work and I wasn't able to be fully active taking care of my home and family. With it, I live an essentially normal life. My main limitation is that I can't do anything that requires heavy exertion.

Carolyn