Cane

I got a seat cane from Magellan's that is really lightweight but can hold up to 250lbs. Pretty cheap too (under $30). I have another seat cane that is a lot heavier and tends to wear me out a lot more, so I've found that this one is pretty helpful.

Try magellans.com and search for "sport seat". If you can't find it, let me know and I can try to give you more info.

Good luck!

Lauren

I got a seat cane from Magellan's that is really lightweight but can hold up to 250lbs. Pretty cheap too (under $30). I have another seat cane that is a lot heavier and tends to wear me out a lot more, so I've found that this one is pretty helpful.

Try magellans.com and search for "sport seat". If you can't find it, let me know and I can try to give you more info.

Good luck!

Lauren

Hi! Thank you I saw the sport seat. The web is excellent. I?m going to check if they sent thigs to M?xico.

Have a nice day! :(

Hi, I also use a seat stick. I bought mine from a NationalTrust shop whilst on a daytrip with my family a few weeks ago. We were taking a gentle stroll in the gardens and my family were horrified at how often I had to sit on the floor (getting my trousers filthy) and how dizzy I was getting. It was quite a warm day and I should really have known better than try to join them on such a trip out. Anyway on the way out there was a NT gift shop with 2 different types of seat sticks, I went for the lighter one and have used it so much in the last few weeks.

My stick seems to be identical to one of the ones on sale at this website:

www.benefitsnowshop.co.uk/

If you click on "stick seats" under the "Mobility" heading it has several different varieties, mine is like the "Three Leg Stick Seat" and "Folding Tripod Stick" (they seem to be the same product but with different prices!). I didn't buy mine from the website but it looks the same with the addition of a NationalTrust logo badge in the centre of the seat.

It has been really useful and I take it to work with me every day, so useful when a collegue catches you in the corridor and starts talking, now I can just sit down where I am and carry on with the conversation. The seat is too high to stop my symptoms if they have already started but if I use it before they develop it allows me to be away from a normal chair for much longer than would otherwise be possible.

Also fantastic for anywhere that you need to queue up - so many "healthy" people have jealously asked me where I got it from. If people question me and I don't want to explain about my health issues I just joke that I'm lazy or that I get tired.

Flop

I got my seat cane from the pharmacy counter for about $30. Definitely worth it!

It is kinda annoying that so many people stare or make remarks about how they "need" one too, though!!