Nina----i Can't Find That Post On Memory Foam Beds

Maxine

I just bought a memory foam bed yesterday at Banner Mattress. I did not buy tempur-pedic. I bought Thermalux, and it has the same warrenty as the tempur-pedic. It was a lot less expensive.

I couldn't find the old post I had in here on the memory foam beds. Anyway----too late. I couldn't take it anymore. I woke up yesterday morning with my left shoulder blade pulling out of my socket. My spine was killing me, and I said "that's it"! I went out later in the afternoon and talked with a sales lady at Banner Mattress. The Tempur-pedic was 2500.00 for a queen. I paid 1200.00 for the other memory foam. The only difference was that Tempur-pedic will honor a warrenty for more then 3/4 inch body impression--------------and this other one is 1 1/2 inches body impression.

Anyway------it was delivered today, and I hope it works out for us. My EDS Doc said I need a good bed. I told him my bed was lousy, and it was sagging so bad it was like a hammock. My body rolls into my husband Ron, and it feels like there was a hand inside the side of me pulling my spine and shoulder out.

Maxine :0)

I hope the Tempurpedic works out for you. Our trainer ended up getting one recently--he said it took him a week or so to get used to sleeping on it.

I definitely need a new bed--so does Teri--we wake up with back aches every day now, and our bed sags big time; BUT, we're trying so hard to save money. AND...we may be moving soon. Long story, and too tired to tell it, but I will post in chit chat when I'm not so wiped out.

Nina

Well---actually bought the thermalux brand from banner mattress. Tempur-pedic was way too expensive-------2300.00-------------------------------------versus 1200.00.

It already feels better then the old bed which was very saggy. It does take getting used to. My shoulders are very, very loose from the EDS, and the bed has not yet formed to that part of my body. It's normal to take a week or two for the memory foam beds to get used to our body temperature and room temperature------ :P .

I hope you and Teri can get a better bed soon--------------I know what a bad bed can do to us EDS folks---- :( .

Maxine :0)

maxine,

congratulations with your new buy!

i?ve been trying tempur and guess what: although it felt GREAT to lie on it, i couldn't turn around or even get out of bed on my own as i'm not strong enough. so tempur is a no no for me. we end up buying a pocket spring mattress with thin layers of tempur in between. i really LOVE it. we bought a soft one for me and a medium for my husband (we have two mattresses because we are very different in weight AND temperature).

good luck finding the right mattress for you and teri, nina!

wishing you lots of healthy sleep,

corina :(

I also had a not-great experience on memory foam. I found it hard to get out of, but more importantly, itdidn't support my lower back enough, so I'd wake up with sciatica. It had felt good in the store though...

Fortunately, there was a 90-day return policy.

We have a California king, with my side an inner-spring with some cush on top, and my husband's has less cush.

My brother worked at Brookstone and got an amazing deal on a tempur-pedic, and he loves it. It's very comfortable to lie on, but it definitely takes some time to get used to...Mom and I were at a Marriott in Missouri that had them, but I didn't realize until I jumped bellyflop style, which I often do on beds after a long day, and then reeled back from the pain! Just like a belly flop in the water! LOL- not the greatest bed in a hotel where people sleep for a night or a few...

But it definitely provides the support, so I hope when you get used to it it helps a lot!