Has Anyone Here Had A Hysterectomy?

Guest elyag

Pooh Bear-

I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I'm sending prayers so that you'll be healthy enough to undergo whatever procedures you need.

I am not really clear on WHY your hysterectomy is necessary so my comments may not be helpful. But, they may be... I also was having very heavy bleeding due to a large uterine fibroid. I was told that I had no other choice other than a hysterectomy. I did some research and found a procedure called a uterine embolization. It was MUCH less invasive than a hysterectomy. An interventional radiologist threaded a catheter through my femoral artery, near my groin and located the veins that were feeding the fibroid. He then shot some plastic particles into the veins that cut off the blood supply to the fibroid and hence, the fibroid has shrunk significantly. My periods are much, much lighter. My fibroid went from 10cm (with severe bleeding & other bulk symptoms- couldn't poop or pee:-) to less than 4cm (with NO symptoms.) If a fibroid or many fibroids are causing your out-of-control bleeding, consider this alternative procedure.

I stayed overnight in the hospital just to be certain I was stable, but I was back to normal within days, not weeks. With my autonomic dysfunction, this was a much better choice for me. I still have my ovaries and don't have to worry about handling hormones.

I pray you'll be well enough to get the treatment you need.

Hugs-

Julie

Poohbears dial up connection is using up too many minutes to get to any website so I am responding for her via phone and email.

Macks' mom

she has LIFE THREATENING ANEMIA. ANY period is not an option.

Thus she is having uterus and cervix removed.

SHE DOES NOT HAVE FIBROIDS and they were not brought up in the previous post..

She FLOODS on her periods. She is on blood thinners that worsen this issue. She's not sure if you read her post but some form of hysterectomy is her only option.

THANK GOD her ob-gyn told her to see somebody that can do it laparascopically..normally..one is in as out pt or over night. SHE is also have a port cath put into her chest. To cut thru the muscles would be too tough to recover from since she will be cut into her chest.

She will be in ICU FOLLOWING surgery.

So just wanted to clarify things for you.

Can't treat fibroids if you don't have them.

:)