Meds

danelle

Thanks to your replies and finding a Dr who knows about POTS(finally!), I have decided to start my meds. I will start the MIdodrine in about 30 minutes when my husband gets home from work. I am determined to try whatever I can to get better before going the disability route. Maybe they will work, maybe not. We shall see shortly!!! I'm scared but now I'm determined! :)

Thanks for all your support and wish me luck!!

danelle

Danelle,

I'm on midrodine as well. I started slow having 3 tablets a day of 2,5 milligramme. The first time I felt tingling all over my head and body where I touched myself. It was a bit scary but it doesn't hurt or doesn't make me feel sick or something. Since I'm building the medicine up (is this good english?) I still feel this tingles but it becomes mild. I also feel what I call "cold sensations" but it's not too bad. I'm on 3 tablets of 5 milligramme right now and my body still handles this. It's just a pity that it doesn't work yet but who knows, I keep on trying. My neuro said this midodrine can be build up till 30 milligramme a day. I hope it will work for you and that you don't feel too bad!

Best wishes,

Corina

Hi Danelle,

Good luck with the midodrine! I've taken it in the past. The tingly feeling didn't bother me at all. It's just like being cold and getting the goose bumps...not a big deal. I'm proud of you for getting up the nerve...I know it's not always easy.

Michelle