Cervicial Spine Or Lumbar Surgeries?

P SUDIK

Hi all,

I am interested in knowing, if there are any of you out there, that may have spinal surgery or spinal stenois?If so, did it bring on your POTS? I have had 2 Cervical surgeries and one lumbar, after the lower back surg. is when I got POTS and several other problems. Your input would be greatly appreciated

Pat

Surgery, in general, can be a setting event for autonomic problems.

I had c-spine surgery twice, but have had autonomic issues all my life. My surgery seemed to actually help a bit with my daily symptoms, probably because I lowered my pain load.

Nina

I've had lumbar surgery. Although the recovery was awful and worsened all my joint problems, I don't think it affected my autonomic symptoms. Although I had some minor presyncopal stuff before the spine surgery, it's really only this past spring (4yrs after surgery) that the ncs really hit me.

I've had lumbar surgery. Although the recovery was awful and worsened all my joint problems, I don't think it affected my autonomic symptoms. Although I had some minor presyncopal stuff before the spine surgery, it's really only this past spring (4yrs after surgery) that the ncs really hit me.

I also had a horrendous recovery, how are you doing now, back wise and ncs?What to you attribute your ncs to? Pat

My back is not good--no longer blameable on the surgery, though. My discs just continue to degenerate, bulge, leak, and press on nerves. I also have torn and stretched out ligaments in my pelvis and low back. I"m in pt again. I'm starting another round of prolotherapy on my pelvis next week.

But it took me a good 18 mos to recover form the surgery. I have eds, but this was only diagnosed after all my other joints fell apart, probably from the deconditioning of back surgery recovery.

My ncs really worsened this summer-- not sure why- stress, bad allergies...I was put on prednisone for the allergies, and the ncs got really bad as I tapered off. Things are more stable pots-wise, five months post-prednisone, but still not normal. So far, no ncs meds-- stockings, salt and fluids, position changes, and as much gentle exercise as I can handle