I'm On Florinef

I'm on Florinef 0.1 mg once a day.....but I had one Dr tell me to get off it (said my b/p reading where normal) The Dr who prescribed it for me says my p/b is not normal. I've been on it for almost 30 days now and my blood pressure still seems a bit low, but some days I do have normal readings.

Today is one of those days that it's a bit low......79/62, 88/66, 97/68, my "normal" is around 112/77.

When I first started the med, it gave me very bad pressure in my head and would trigger my migraines.

After about 3 weeks the symptoms seemed to be better, but now after another week it seems my migraines are in full motion!

Now I get migraines anyway, so I'm pretty confused.

I have to wait until the 14th instead of the 6th now.......uhg! So while I'm waiting I feel like crud and am very frustrated!

amby.... ooch.. does the florinef raise your bp? I would say that with bp's in the 70-80's that you would need to give florinef a try.. im not md.. but.. i know enough to know that you have low bp!..

Um the doc who prescribed it for you.. is he goig to tweek your dose? maybe he needs to increase it!! also a thought.. can you drink some salty liquids/eat some salty foods?? and wash them down with water?

that may give ya boost with your blood pressure...UGH headaches on florinef are no fun.. have you tried midodrine?/proamatin yet? that also is suppose to raise BP...it has side effects as well but they should go away once you get used to it..just a thought..

I hope that you feel better soon.. and those headaches go away..

hugs

dizz

oops sorry just seen you where on midodrine!

i agree with dizzy girl.........pressures in the 70's/80's systolic can be normal for some people, but if you are symptomatic with those numbers, than it would be considered low and are probably reflective of your hemodynamic state (your pressure is trying to stay up to KEEP YOU up basically). my pressure has been around 80 systolic lately and i have felt like taking a nose dive into the ground -- so my doc said i needed to be on florinef cuz my pressure was down from a normal pressure for me of 115 systolic and because i was symptomatic with it. i am now on .3 mg's florinef every day and it's helped me A LOT.

not sure why your doc is saying you pressure numbers are normal, especially if you are symptomatic AND if your pressure typically is over 100 systolic. i know at first my doc looked at me like i was crazy to be concerned with my bp at 80 systolic because in some people that can be normal, BUT he was failing to see that i was both symptomatic with that number AND that typically my pressure is more around 115 (taken many times from many docs appts, and has always been around 115)........so a pressure dive of 35 points systolic is DEFINITELY a change, a change big enough to cause symptoms.

i hope your migranes get better. i know florinef can aggrevate and even cause headaches/migranes....

thanks for responding....:)

I only tried the midodrine one day..lol I would be willing to try it again, I'm a bit scared to but maybe it will be different this time around.

The Dr that prescribed me the Florinef is treating me for the symptoms that I have, but I'm in the process of changing Dr's. I'm getting conflicting treatment where I am right now, so I need to find someone else. I'm praying this new doc will know about POTS or at least seriously consider it as a diagnose for me.

My blood pressure hasn't really seemed to go up too much with the Florienf,so I myself wonder if they will raise the dose.

From what I understand, the Midodrine will lower your heart rate while increasing your blood pressure? Cause that's what I notice I need the most. I do on occasion have a lower heart rate with higher blood pressure though?

I'm just all over the place at times!!

Thanks again