Here's A Little More Of What Was Going On While In Hospital

AJVDK

Hello All,

Well I said I would post when I was feeling a little better. Why is it, all you want to do is come home, and yet when you get home you can not sleep.

Anyway, I went to my doctor appointment today and found out the reason it was so hard to treat the sepsis, was because I ended up having two different bugs in my blood. I had one that was a gram negative, and one that was gram positive.

Also my blood work is still showing I am low in potassium, and that my electrolytes are still off. So hopefully everything will get back to normal soon. They started me on Levaquin to keep fighting the sepsis, to make sure it doesn?t come back. Also now that I have a new PICC I can get back to the fluids at home. I am afraid of getting sepsis, but I am more afraid of not having a life.

While I was in the hospital I got a spinal tap, and lots of blood work, also the good news is I finally have a Neurologist to follow my case. So he also started me on meds and will be following up with me and keeping an eye on things. I am hoping that we can get the headaches under control along with all the vision changes!

Also While I was in the hospital an opening finally came avabilty to see a LLMD. So I am going to an appointment finally with an LLMD on 2/8/07! I am hoping they will be able to shine a light on things, but who knows maybe after all the abx I had in the hospital maybe be killed it off! (Wouldn?t that be nice).

So that?s a little up date to what?s been going on here. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for all the prayers and support over the last week! I going back off to bed, O can not believe how tired this makes me!

Talk to you all soon!

Amy