Anyone Ever See Dr. Alexander Barboi At Froedart In Wisconsin?

DSM3KIDZ

I'm going to see this doctor in Jan. hoping he can help with my treatment. I started treatment about 6 months ago and the wellbutrin or flornief has helped my stomach amazingly :) but my POTS seems to be on a decline. :( ...............weird :) you would think the meds would help with the lightheaded feeling. Who knows maybe it is anxiety, I can't tell the difference but am starting zoloft :ph34r: to see if there is any improvement.

Anyways anyone ever use this doctor?

Dayna

After my diagnosis, Froedert sent me to Dr. Rose Dotson. My doctor had originally requested Dr. Barboi. They gave me to Dr. Book. After my diagnosis, she said it is not her area and none of the neurologists there felt they could help me. A friend of mine had Dr. Barboi remove a tumor on her auditory nerve. She really likes him. He surgery went very well. I wish you well!

Marie

Dayna,

I know what you mean by her bedside manner. She is all science and little social skills. In talking with her on my second visit, she was better. I tend to be sarcastic in my humor about my health. She loosened up a bit and gave me a pep talk about not giving up. I like her because she talks to you intelligently and is not willing to give up. I have been seeing her for about two years. She did additional tests that Froedert did not do. Before trying mestinon, she wanted me to see a cardiologist, so she called staff in cardiology that she knew to make sure I would get Dr. Rothe without having to wait several months. Dr. Rothe is awesome. He explains everything and asks your opinion. He gave me his personal office number because I have a hard time trying to get appointments through Froedert's scheduling system. Dr. Dotson may not be very social, but I like that she is so focused on the medical issues. She has helped me by piecing together my medical history and tests to confirm Dr. Barboi's diagnosis. Dr. Barboi diagnosed me based on the tests Dr. Book ordered, but I never saw him. She eliminated other syndromes by doing additional tests. She also sent me to a cardiologist, which no other neurologist did. This was also a precaution before I was to go on mestinon. She will give me a prescription for mestinon when I request it. I am still weary about the initial side effects. Good Luck!

Marie

Dr.D is really smart and knows her stuff I just feel that because I'm not as sick as all her other patients she blows me off or doesn't take my symptoms too seriously.

I'm just getting a second opinion but like I said before I'll probally end up with her but at least I'll have the chance to compare dr's.

Give Mestinon a try, it might be worth it.

Dayna