Heart Rate Numbers Is This Normal ?

nikigrl8883

;) hello again ....:( i was wondering why htis happens to me....without meds my heart rate is usually normal laying down 70s low 80s standing it goes high depending on the day it can be worse than others up to 140 ive noticed somtihing alittle odd my heart rate somtimes goes into the low 50s with meds sitting or laying down its even gone into 40s a few times and my bp gets really low laying down somtimes not standing for example 80/40s even before i took the beta blocker i noticed at night my heart rate drops into the 50s sitting or laying down ...is this normal for pots people what heart rate is too low for us?! what to do? i only take a half of a beta blocker once a day

i wanted to add also even before the meds my bp would drop really low laying down too

Yup, that's "normal" for POTS, to the extent the word ever applies to us. B) Since the autonomic nervous system regulates heart rate, dysautonomia can make it beat too fast OR too slow. And the same goes for blood pressure -- in addition to the postural symptoms, it can go either way for no apparent reason, just because the regulating system is wonky.

My resting heart rate is often in the high 40s or low 50s on meds, and it actually never gets above about 75 anymore, even when I exercise. Before meds, it was 40s before I got up in the morning, but 60s the rest of the day, with spontaneous bouts of 120-150. BP was usually 80-100/45-60, with the lowest reading coming before I got up in the morning.

You'll find other people here with patterns even more like yours.

spike