Migraine Aura?

Darlene

I have been having some weird episodes I don't know if they are aura's or not. I am not experiencing a headache when this is happening. When it first starts i see blind spots, then I see lightning... Whatever is happening to me usually lasts about 20 minutes. Sometimes when I have these auras if that's what they are I have this burning inside my body (arms, chest), sometimes I feel like it's an on and off feeling, like I am being electrocuted or something. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hello,

I get migraines with aura. Sometimes losing my vision is accompanied by a headache and sometimes it's not. I'm pretty sure they are all considered migraines. I usually also experience nausea, sensitivity to light/sound, etc.

I would definitely talk with your dr. I just wanted you to know that youre not alone with just getting the Aura.

Lisa

What are the aura like for you? And how long do they last? How often do you get them? They scare the heck out of me. What do you when you get them?

Hello,

I get migraines with aura. Sometimes losing my vision is accompanied by a headache and sometimes it's not. I'm pretty sure they are all considered migraines. I usually also experience nausea, sensitivity to light/sound, etc.

I would definitely talk with your dr. I just wanted you to know that youre not alone with just getting the Aura.

Lisa

I agree that getting the aura is disturbing! After I get one of these migraines then I walk around paranoid for a week or 2 that I'm going to get another one. Every time my eyes feel funny I get anxious that I may be getting another. I know that my dad gets these migraines and they sound very similar...does anyone else in your family get migraines?

For me the aura starts out as a small dot in my vision that isn't clear. It quickly grows into a larger circle - the circle is kind of swirling and completely blurry. The "circle" is in both eyes and continues to grow until it completely takes over my vision. Then it shrinks again and goes away. This entire process only lasts about 30 minutes (thankfully!!) but I- like you have to lay down and close my eyes. Darkness helps as well. I almost always get nausea and just feel bad all over. It really is disturbing. I sometimes take migraine medicine right when the aura starts -- sometimes this shortens the process but the meds always leave me feeling REALLY tired and bad so I often don't take anything.

If I get one - another migraine will often follow over the next week or so.

I hope this helps,

Lisa