Good Days, Bad Days

ckteach

Hi all-

Another question since I'm new to this. I had a great day yesterday. Much more balanced (which can vary day to day, hour to hour), more energy, great mood, like my old self. Today I feel like a truck hit me...foggy, imbalanced, muscles shaky...I did nothing different today than yesterday.

NORMAL? :ph34r:

Normal for POTsy people. There may be factors at play that have caused you to "backslide". Some things to consider: amount of sleep; additional stress or activity the prior day; new medicine; hormonal changes; ingesting junk food (full of simples sugars, chemicals and dyes); new supplement; big change in the weather; big change in blood sugar, going from being very hungry to eating too much; you are fighting a cold, flu, bug, whatever, and you don't know it yet but your nervous system does; who knows?

Do you get the drift? Our nervous systems seems to be more sensitive than average to any change. It's a real pain, I know. One minute you're fine, great. The next, whammo!

Sometimes it's difficult to understand WHY?

Try not to drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the answer unless it's obvious. Do your best to adjust to whatever comes your way. And, above all, remain flexible, in what you expect of yourself. That's the key.

Hang in there. I understand.

Normal for POTsy people. There may be factors at play that have caused you to "backslide". Some things to consider: amount of sleep; additional stress or activity the prior day; new medicine; hormonal changes; ingesting junk food (full of simples sugars, chemicals and dyes); new supplement; big change in the weather; big change in blood sugar, going from being very hungry to eating too much; you are fighting a cold, flu, bug, whatever, and you don't know it yet but your nervous system does; who knows?

Do you get the drift? Our nervous systems seems to be more sensitive than average to any change. It's a real pain, I know. One minute you're fine, great. The next, whammo!

Sometimes it's difficult to understand WHY?

Try not to drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the answer unless it's obvious. Do your best to adjust to whatever comes your way. And, above all, remain flexible, in what you expect of yourself. That's the key.

Hang in there. I understand.

Can I ask...why did you stop fludrocort?

I did have a ton of cakes and candies yesterday and a bit stressed too. I'm separated and my hubby was here at the house while my brother was in visiting from Boston---tense situation so maybe that was it too. It's crazy how great my day went. I was afraid to go to sleep in fear of what the next day would bring and BAM!

Do many of you have abrupt mood changes or feel your moods are hard to control? I feel snappy and tense a lot. Being a teacher, some days it takes all I have to keep it together to stay calm and focused.

Cindykron,

I stopped fludrocort for one very important reason, and several lesser reasons.

Important reason: It was irritating my interstitial cystitis - ouch - for some reason it caused a flare of pain on urination and consequently, pain in my back, and forced me back on my strict IC diet.

Other reasons: I did not know how to handle being sick and taking/not taking the med because of inability to eat due to illness.

I was afraid that my beginning osteoporosis would get worse.

I am getting the same effect of increasing my pulse pressure without taking the med. If I swig 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda in 1/2 glass of water AM and PM, my blood pressure/volume seem okay.

I'm recovering from a bout of illness that is very atypical for me and I attribute it to the effect of the fludrocort possibly messing with my immune system? I don't know this for sure.

If and when I try the fludrocort again, it will be the name brand and not the generic to see if that will determine whether or not I get an IC flare.

I hope I didn't bore you. Taking meds is a touchy subject for me. I react poorly to many of them.

Cindykron,

I stopped fludrocort for one very important reason, and several lesser reasons.

Important reason: It was irritating my interstitial cystitis - ouch - for some reason it caused a flare of pain on urination and consequently, pain in my back, and forced me back on my strict IC diet.

Other reasons: I did not know how to handle being sick and taking/not taking the med because of inability to eat due to illness.

I was afraid that my beginning osteoporosis would get worse.

I am getting the same effect of increasing my pulse pressure without taking the med. If I swig 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda in 1/2 glass of water AM and PM, my blood pressure/volume seem okay.

I'm recovering from a bout of illness that is very atypical for me and I attribute it to the effect of the fludrocort possibly messing with my immune system? I don't know this for sure.

If and when I try the fludrocort again, it will be the name brand and not the generic to see if that will determine whether or not I get an IC flare.

I hope I didn't bore you. Taking meds is a touchy subject for me. I react poorly to many of them.

Not boring at all. Very helpful in fact. I was told to take .1mg. but I've only been taking 0.05mg. I'm a baby. Can't say it's helped though.

Thanks!

YES!!! it is such a fun roller coaster, huh? so exciting!!! you never know what is going to happen!!! <_<:wacko:;):lol::ph34r::(B);):D:angry::blink: ( i want to put the lil green face too but i just don't know how) a visual could be these faces, that is POTS, different every second.

dionna :)