Glyconutrients

jenwic

I was talked into purchasing some by a friend who thinks they are great for all sorts of health problems. She said the glyconutrients help cell to cell communication. She didn't specifically say they would help my POTS, she only said how they had helped people with a variety of health problems. Has anyone had experience with them? I will receive my order in about a week.

How would they help cell-to-cell communication? That doesn't sound plausible to me.

But the "glyconutrients" are probably some sort of soluble fiber, which might be good for your bowels. Lots of people with POTS have bad problems with constipation. Soluble fiber is also good for people with irritable bowel syndrome, which involves diarrhea and constipation.

There are lots of glycoprotein hormones, including erythropoietin (Epogen, Procrit). However, you have to take them by injection, because you digest them if you take them by mouth. I'm really skeptical that taking a "glyconutrient" by mouth would have any effect other than directly on the bowels or indirectly as a result of changes in digestive function. For example, psyllium seed taken by mouth can decrease the rate at which you absorb sugar, so it could help diabetics control their A1C, which will improve their overall health.

i too am very skeptical. largely for the fact that anything claiming to help almost anything/everything raises major doubts for me....and if it was something that were really truly so helpful i would think it would be more commonly known.

:) melissa