Is It Sad?

ode_to_fantasy

Is it sad that I'm sooooo happy that I walked to the store(it's literally right next door) by myself yesterday? I only had to sit down and rest once, and I didn't pass out at all until I got home!! I recently stopped taking Toprol XL because it was making it too difficult to function, I was still passing out constantly, and it made my bloodpressure drop to almost non-existant levels. It did help my tacchycardia(sp?) though...I'd almost forgotten how bad it was. But now I actually have energy!

I know it's a kinda silly thing to post, but I don't think I've walked anywhere by myself in like 2 years. hehe.

Congratulations!!! It doesn't seem like a silly thing to post at all! We know how huge something "little" like that can be.

Have you thought about trying meds to raise your BP? Sometimes for people who's tachycardia is compensatory for falling BP, drugs like Mestinon or Midodrine are very helpful.

...just doin' a little brainstorming.

-Lauren

Congratulations!!! It doesn't seem like a silly thing to post at all! We know how huge something "little" like that can be.

Have you thought about trying meds to raise your BP? Sometimes for people who's tachycardia is compensatory for falling BP, drugs like Mestinon or Midodrine are very helpful.

...just doin' a little brainstorming.

-Lauren

Unfortunately I'm allergic to Midodrine, and my blood pressure's actually relatively normal when I'm not on the Toprol XL (though for some reason my Diastolic is always WAY lower than my Systolic *ie, 121/40* which kinda makes me nervous). I'll talk to my Dr. about Mestinon though, thank you!

I feel silly being so happy about this because I work full time.....but I sit all day, and have people "babysitting me" even when I get up to use the restroom. I am fortunate to have found an awesome job that I can do even though I'm sick half of the time. :)

Yay!!

Not silly at all. In fact after not taking any meds for this past 11months and going back on Toprol XL I'm wondering if I made the right choice. Cause I feel almost worse? Good luck finding something that will help and not make things worse. :)

Amber