Picture's

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

How would I send a picture? Also, what do you all think about sending pictures so we can see the faces behind the names? Just a thought......

I know I have seen some personal web sites with pictures...and it was really nice to see who I was talking to in the discussion forums.

It was also neat to see Nina's garden and her animal collections and cats.

Julie :0)

Julia, you can use a picture of yourself as your Avatar (the icons shown when you post) if you want. I just use Mighty Mouse... but I could use a picture of myself if I wanted ...or like Ethansmom, a picture of Ethan :P

If you need help with how to do an Avatar, I'll set up a time to meet you online in AOL instant messenger (it's a free program--you don't need AOL, just the AIM program). You can reach me in AIM via my AIM button below every post.

:D Nina

Ha! Julie, I was going to bring my camera the last time we met with Allison. I have the mascot page as a place for pics with DINET supporters, and you and Ron have certainly done that. Want me to send you Bernie the bear? I'd like to see him travel around the world. It would be neat to get pics of the people that come here from all over.

You can always do the simple avatar pic too, or you might be able to get some free webspace through your ISP....I forget who you have now, buckeyeexpress?

Hope you are doing well,

Michelle

The avatar is a great idea--I tried to figure out how to use it and wasn't successful myself.

I have another suggestion--if this is ok with the forum managers--if anyone who wants to sends a photo or two to me at my e-mail address (with caption), I'll assemble them and put them up on the photoaccess website I use and then send a link for everyone. I can keep that link indefinintely, so can change or add to it from time to time.

My e-mail address is oct02mom@yahoo.com. It needs to be in jpg format.

Katherine

Hello folks, I'm awake again...just ordered some food to my room so I could have dinner (it's almost midnight)....

anyway, about the Avatar: I think some of the problems encoutered with the uploading of your avatar files might be that 1. the photos are too large (memory-wise) or are not the format accepted by the forum's software (that's controlled by ibbhost, not DINET).

So, first check that your file is no larger than 20 kb, and make sure it's any of the following file types:

gif

jpg

jpeg

png

If your file is too large, or of the wrong type, you may send me a copy of the file and I can adjust it for you; however, in order to post the file, you'll need to use your own account, so i can't do that for ya. I have offered, and will continue to offer for the asking, to set up an appointment to meet you online via AIM at a specific time so I can walk you through the process step by step.

I'd love to help if you need it. That's why there is that "email" button below every post I make--so folks can reach me if they need to about anything that has to do with the board. Even avatars!

Guest Julia59

Thank's everyone,

I'll be getting in contact soon..............

I have posted a lot tonight--------

So i'm breaking for a while because my neck keep jilting all over the place and getting stuck...

I think i'll go check out David Letterman.......I just love the show.

The laughing keeps me sane---I just NEED to laugh sometimes.

Julie :0)