A Few Questions Of A Perplexed Newly Suspected Pots

mrach

Hi, I am a suspected POTS, not yet diagnoseed, therefore I am walking like a zombie for the last 9 months, no medication nothing, and the earlest TTT they scheduled for me is for the 28 of September, probably I am the hyreadrenergic type as I am extremely anxious when upright ( walking is better than just standing) and the symptoms are better in tha late afternoon, actually I became afraid to walk outside because I feel ++ dizzy just losing balance and walking like a drunk ( no vertigo though), shockingly lightheaded (as if my head is half-empty) I have lost around 12 kg, and my legs are very shaky and weak. What bothers me most is the feeeling that I no longer have a brain...I am very afraid to travel for the same reason because I feel I am going to pass out any moment.

This all idiotic thing statrted after I was on raw foods diet for 4 months and I was feeling perfectly healthy, was full of energy and looked great, when all of a sudden I had a feeling that I am going to drop and it started from there...

My questions are:

1) is that normal for POTS

2) have you tried any diets (at the moment I am eating meat after being vegetarian for 10 years)

3) have you tried any alternative methods: herbs

4) what kind of vitamins are you taking

5) did you take any medication prior your diagnosis

6) my tolerance for activity is very low except for half an hour walking in the evening, can you tell me any exercises I can do safely

7)I used to be extremely active and productive person, now being able to just sit is killing me

Sorry, for the English language I am new to the language

Thank you very much

Since you were on an extreme diet (the raw foods with no meat) you might want to consider getting blood work to make sure your potassium and iron levels are normal. I'm not saying your diet caused your symptoms, but sometimes low potassium levels and low iron levels can cause some of the symptoms you describe.

Do you have a good cardiologist or neurologist? Those are the two specialties who may be able to help you.

As for me, I'm on a really balanced organic additive-free diet. I try to follow the food pyramid with regards to how much meat, veggies and fruits I eat. Although the most helpful diet changes have been increasing soduim. However, you shouldn't dramatically increase the sodium in your diet without talking to your doctor first, because high sodium will raise your blood pressure.

I hope you find some answers soon!

Cheers,

Lauren

Guest danielvasel
hey!

sorry you?re having such a tough time

i don?t have much to say, as I?m don?t know much about POTS(i?ve just had it for a few months)

2) have you tried any diets (at the moment I am eating meat after being vegetarian for 10 years)

the best you can do is drink lots of water, and eat lots of salt(be careful though)

i drink herbal teas... it also helps you sleep better

yes... i was taking an antipsychotic called geodon... how about you? what were you taking?

6) my tolerance for activity is very low except for half an hour walking in the evening, can you tell me any exercises I can do safely

i think you can do lots of things, like swimming

7)I used to be extremely active and productive person, now being able to just sit is killing me

the same here....

don?t worry about that... my english is also far from being perfect, but I?m sure everybody understands what we mean

take care...

P.S.- just outta curiosity:(you don?t have to answer if you don?t want to), where are you from?

Hi, Mrach!

i would agree with dizzy dame....get your levels checked. and maybe, too, in the meantime, make sure you're staying well hydrated. that can help with almost any condition, especially POTS.

by the way, i've been vegetarian for almost 20 years, and my biggest dysautonomia problems started after a virus *and* a switch to a vegan diet around the same time. the switch in nutrients did not help my body fight the virus and so for me, the virus was enough to kick my dysautonomia into full gear, though i'd had minor varying symptoms for *years.*

so maybe your new diet contributed in some indirect way?? i hope you get some answers and feel better soon! :D and welcome to the forum!!

peace,

lulu ;)

Hi Mrach,

I wanted to welcome you!

My symptoms are like yours, but I have not been dx. I have had ups and down. I try not to let this illness get the best of me.....I'm ok with walking as long as it's in cool wheather or in AC like at store. But I still get dizzy, just not as bad.

Good luck and I hope you find your answers,

Amber ;)

About insomnia get relaxation tapes ( I like THe LInden MEthod ) , Meditate,meditate, meditate, always eat carbs complex plus protein especially chicken or turkey around 6-7 p.m. helps the thryptophan get through the brain barrier and it helps you to relax , drink a cup of Vallerian tea or Chamomile tea at bed time, pray. I was not able to sleep for more than 3-4 hours before. You can also try one only session in hypnosis for relaxation and ask the hypnotist to record it on a CD and listen to it. Do notr neeedto pay for more.

Good luck

something

hey!

sorry you?re having such a tough time

i don?t have much to say, as I?m don?t know much about POTS(i?ve just had it for a few months)

the best you can do is drink lots of water, and eat lots of salt(be careful though)

i drink herbal teas... it also helps you sleep better

yes... i was taking an antipsychotic called geodon... how about you? what were you taking?

i think you can do lots of things, like swimming

the same here....

don?t worry about that... my english is also far from being perfect, but I?m sure everybody understands what we mean

take care...

P.S.- just outta curiosity:(you don?t have to answer if you don?t want to), where are you from?

Thank you for answering. Are you still a vegetarian?

Hi, Mrach!

i would agree with dizzy dame....get your levels checked. and maybe, too, in the meantime, make sure you're staying well hydrated. that can help with almost any condition, especially POTS.

by the way, i've been vegetarian for almost 20 years, and my biggest dysautonomia problems started after a virus *and* a switch to a vegan diet around the same time. the switch in nutrients did not help my body fight the virus and so for me, the virus was enough to kick my dysautonomia into full gear, though i'd had minor varying symptoms for *years.*

so maybe your new diet contributed in some indirect way?? i hope you get some answers and feel better soon! :D and welcome to the forum!!

peace,

lulu ;)