The Fun The Joys

BallroomA

Hello all....hope everyone is doing great in the heat! I know I hate it!!!!

Anyways don't know if this somehow correlates with pots in anyways but figured I would throw it out to all you. In Jan I had an abnormal pap..well after a few more abnormals and a 2nd opinion I had to have a loop cone biospy done because their were high levels of precancerous cells. The doctor believes he got everything and said I more then likely got these cells because of my LOW IMMUNE SYSTEM?????

Have any of your doctors told you all you have low immune systems...I mean I always do get sick so maybe there is something to it.

A rant to go along with this...During my last biopsy I had to go under a general I had my first general a couple of months ago and did HORRID coming out of it. I wouldn't wake up and my bp was all over the place it took me about 6 hrs to actually wake up after surgery. My mom was with me and we told the anesthisologist about my issues.

When I got out of surgery in recovery I heard everyone telling me to open my eyes and I was in that fog...well the nurse was there and she said I had to stop shaking that I was delibertly making myself tremble and shake in order to stay skinny!!!!!! I told her I wasn't shaking and I couldn't feel my face she told me I was just fine my BP and HR were normal and I shouldn't complain. They hadn't let my mom back and I asked where she was....she finally I guess told the nurse to try to stop her she was coming back to see me and came back. My mom took one look at my BP and HR and told the nurses something was wrong I was shaking like a leaf my BP which normally is really low was 88/118 and my HR was 78 when normally its in the 50's or 60's if I am laying around. The nurse told my mom I was fine and had to go home....so I went home!

My mom and sister are both RN's, I came home and slept didn't feel right for about 3 days, it just amazed me that a NURSE would say something like that to a patient I was seriously appaled and wrote a letter to the hospital.

Thanks for letting me vent!

BallroomA

So many of us don't do well with anastesia...

I have never been the same since my gallbladder surgery...weird. And, I got those shakes like crazy too! (Although, I thought that could simply be an effect of anaesthesia, POTS or no POTS, but probably worse for us. I do remember the nurses asking me if the shaking was part of my ANS problems.) At least they didn't tell me it was to keep me skinny! What a wacko thing to even say! Good grief.

I do not know the answer to your pap question. I had one abnormal pap right before I got sick but think it was because I kept having chronic vaginal strept infections. Most cervical cancers are caused by HPV (Human Papiloma Virus) but a small percentage aren't. Don't want to pry into your sex life, but you can only get HPV from being sexually active, so if you haven't been, then that's not the issue....

Hmmm.....

Emily

Hi,

I'm sorry about your whole ordeal...It never ceases to amaze me about hearing these crazy hospital stories!

Jacquie

Guest dionna

i have been put under twice but i think i was alright. i don't remember anything. i can believe someone would say such a thing. i got stuff all the time. i'm sorry it happened though.

dionna :)

BallroomA,

A concerned member PM'd me that she felt that I may have made you feel offended or uncomfortable by bringing up the HPV issue.

I just wanted to clarify that this certainly was not my intention at all. There are cases of cervical cancer that come from other causes, just most come from HPV. And I realize that our bodies always defy the odds, so you just may have some form that was caused by the low immune system your doctor spoke of.

Anyways, cervical cancer is a young woman's disease and hooray for you for keeping up on your paps and finding the precancerous cells early!

Emily

Edited by DancingLight

Emily - No offense taken don't worry. They ran me for HPV but found none, they are thinking my immune system is so low that its caused a mutation? Not sure if I believe that as none of this makes sense to me...but oh well.

I go to see my doctor tomorrow mornig so maybe I will learn more then!

Thanks everyone!!!