Insurance Problems Again!

Hi All,

I just found out that my husbands insurance will NOT cover the pre-existing issues. (Migrianes, and the Tachycardia...whatever is wrong) They said I won't be covered untill 11 months from the day the coverage starts. I have been without insurance for 10 months now......and I have to wait another 11 months before I can get taken care of?

I don't know how I'm going to do this! I'm so upset that I'm bawling like a baby, and of course that causes migraines for me. What on earth am I going to do? I'm going to apply for Access, but what will they say about pre-existing issues? I was on it when I was geting treatment, so will that make a difference?

I feel lost and confused as to what to do next. I don't have money to pay out of pocket but I might make too much for Access. What other options do I have?

Thanks for listening....... :P

Amber

Amber is Access a state program? States differ greatly, but I don't think pre-existing is usually an issue if you are income eligible for state programs. I may be wrong about this, again seems to vary in dift states. I know that there are also programs here where you spend down a certain amount to be eligible if over income but you must meet other criteria as well-such as being totally disabled, etc.

Not sure what your meds are,but you could look into prescription programs and possible health clinics who offer sliding fee- although that may mean transfer of care. I am sure this is very stressful for you.

Guest dionna

i am really sorry that you are still going through the insurance problems. i think it is wrong how you have been treated. i hope you can find a better option. there has to be something out there. did you apply for the social security thing? i am about to apply for unemployment and then after that i may try the social security. i hope that something better is sent your way soon. may God bless you.

dionna :)

Unfortunately, the quality of medical care is often contingent upon whether or not one has insurance. It is a terrible reality. However, there are many good, compassionate doctors that will work with you even without insurance or financial means. Your county health department may be able to help you. There are a lot of needs-based clinics the public doesn't always know about. So, ask- and keep asking. Somewhere out there is someone who will treat you and help you get your meds. Don't despair and don't give up.

Carmen

Thanks,

I'm feeling better today. I think it's just been a number of things on my mind that has become overwhelming.

I'm not on meds as of now. I was, but without insurance I haven't been seeing a doctor. I missunderstood and thought that if I hadn't been treated for 8 months, then it wouldn't be pre-existing. Anyway, I hope something works out.

We'll see what happens..

Take care,

Amber

Where you live are there free clinic, of clinic on a pay scale depending on what you make? Also there are companies that if you need meds you can try to apply for free or reduce cost on meds. A good firend of mine goes to the free clinic here, ans they gave here a card for meds. Her meds are cheaped then my copays. She gets mes from $4-20. So just an idea! Hope things start looking up for you soon!