Bb And Midodrine

Does anyone take a beta blocker and Midodrine together???? WHen I was on the Midodrine and Toprol XL 25mg I got dizzy and faint feeling with a low heartrate, but when I dont take my BB, throughout the day I get tachy....I was thinkin about talking to my doctor and taking half a 25mg Metoprolol with the Midodrine....

Any thoughts??????

What have been your experiences??

Does anyone take a beta blocker and Midodrine together???? WHen I was on the Midodrine and Toprol XL 25mg I got dizzy and faint feeling with a low heartrate, but when I dont take my BB, throughout the day I get tachy....I was thinkin about talking to my doctor and taking half a 25mg Metoprolol with the Midodrine....

Any thoughts??????

What have been your experiences??

I'm taking Midodrine right now and my doctor is just gave me a prescription for Labetalol (a type of beta blocker - from what I understand). He wants to try combination therapy with a beta blocker and the midodrine.

I'm really nervous about it and have been sitting on the prescition as a result. I haven't been have the best time with the Midodrine so I'm nervous about adding the BB (labetalol) too...

Rachel

i have taken midodrine, in varying doses/frequencies, for most of the past ten years. for the past year and a half i have also taken a beta blocker (inderal). personally i cannot take a beta blocker without midodrine as it lowers my BP too much...it's essentially a guarantee that i'll be blacking out left & right. i take a very small dose of the inderal and closer to the max of midodrine as well as multiple other meds that you can see in my signature.

many of the top autonomic docs have found that many people do better with smaller doses of a combo of meds than a larger dose of one.

obviously everyone's different, but the combination can - in theory - be taken together.

:) melissa