Quick Question

Hi,

I recently had a five hour glucose test in which my doctor took my blood pressure as well as a blood test every half hour. Is there any relationship between glucose levels and dysautonomia?

Glucose issues, if I'm not mistaken" are on "the list", especially reactive hypoglycemia. At my worst, my blood pressure falls out on me if I have sugar. I also bought a glucometer, and have noticed that my sugar will drop from exercise. Like down to 50.

Endocrinologist ordered me to pretend to be a diabetic in terms of diet. For now, sugar issues seem to have gone away. Hope they stay away.

Ariella

Hi Mom2Abby, :blink:

I think there is a connection. I have seen blood glucose problems mention here a few times before. It would well be worth a search in the forum's archives to see which catagory you fall into, and how it is being treated. I can't remember the details but it sounded fairly common and there were some good suggestions too.

p.s. I have impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) but my blood sugar is only elevated in the morning! Go figure! With this disorder, even the most straight-forward complications, our bodies screw it up!! ;)

Take care, Maggs

A dr. I saw wanted me to do the 5 hr GTT, I chickened out. He said that if I started to experience symptoms at any point I could stop the test. Hanging around 5hrs at the lab is no fun, plus I would have to take my littlest guy.

I also read the hypoglycemia is one of the many diagnosis they look at and/or exclude in the process.