Mayo Clinic In Scottsdale, Az

ellen

I got a flyer in the mail from the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ which interested me with this quote, "I was finally diagnosed with something that many other doctors could not diagnose for me. I finally got an answer."

Does anyone know if they have any doctors who treat Dysautonomia? I don't feel my doctors know how to treat this illness, and I have no idea how (or the energy) to find one who does.

Hi Ellen,

I looked into it a few months ago, they had a listing for a doctor who treated POTS but can't remember if it was dysautonomia as well. I don't even remember how I found that much out to tell the truth..lol

I didn't do much research, because they don't take the insurance that I will have in Aug.....only if I need a transplant.

Good luck,

Amber

I went in March of 04 when I was newly diagnosed. They will take you without an MD referral. I saw the intake MD who had no idea what POTS and set me up with Cardiology. There I could only see a resident (don't get me wrong- but duh!) who admitted he only had limited exposure with POTS and just said- "oh, its the medication that is making you sick (can't remember- the one that makes your scalp tingle) and just change that. He could not tell me what to change to, however. Then they wanted me to wait around a 10 days to see the same clueless intake doctor again for discharge instructions. We skipped town. I got his summary in the mail- had nothing new in it.

Based on my experience- I would not recommend it. They just did not know anything when I went. Things may have changed and they probably have. I think if I was allowed to see Neuro- it would have been better.

I did, however, last year go to Mayo in Rochester and saw Dr. Low. Not alot of answers, but much better use of the money than Scottsdale.

Maybe Scottsdale has caught up. Maybe you can confirm by phone the credentials and research experience of the Neuro unit and then demand to be recommended there. Don't know...

Thanks for the input - I guess that flyer was just another advertisement to drum up business. :(

I really wish I knew how to find a new doctor- the search requires too much energy, which I'm short on presently. <_<

If it weren't for this website I would never have been diagnosed with POTS, I guess I should be thankful for all I've learned here. More than all the years of doctors telling me how "healthy" it is to have low blood pressure! :)