Regarding Polls

Please keep in mind that any polls done on this forum are bound to be biased. Many people that have returned to good health are not spending their time here. Polls done on this forum do not give a true account of life for all dysautonomia patients.

Michelle

Michelle's correct. Polls on this site only reflect the people who come to this site and, most likely, people who are probably more chronically ill. Those who are only mildly affected or are completely recovered are very unlikely to make a trip to this forum.

For a true random sample that reflect POTS (and other disorders of ANY kind) as it applies to the population at large, you need to look to peer reviewed journals for empirically valid research, not case studies or case reports--which are interesting, but not necessarily applicable to the population as a whole.

Nina :o

• 8 months later...
Please keep in mind that any polls done on this forum are bound to be biased. Many people that have returned to good health are not spending their time here. Polls done on this forum do not give a true account of life for all dysautonomia patients.

Michelle

Thanks for your quick e-mail response from pots place. I feel bad for so many people that have such ongoing problems am wondering what is the norm if there is such a thing with POTS. I really like statistics, but I think mine are kinda skewed. Do you know how many people who get POTS actually do recover from it or let me word that differently can function outside their house...being able to drive again, have a conversation longer than 15 min without having to sleep. I know everyone is different, but if you could help at all with a percentage of success rate (working a part time job again), that would be great.

Stacy