Bp Question

Hi,

I am just curious about what the difference should be between Systolic and Diastolic....

Example. my bp is usually 90/54, so there is about a 36mmHg difference between the 2 numbers

Today my bp upon waking up was 89/63, so there was a much less difference....

Is there any meaning to this or no?

Just curious. Thanks

Jacquie

I don't understand the physiology of it, but my neuro got to see my two numbers get closer together as I remained standing.

He observed that as the numbers get closer together, the brain is not getting the "perfusion" (saturation, I think) of blood it needs. In other words, that accounts for why I feel so awful when I'm standing and why it's gets more and more difficult to think.

I've also noticed this happening from other things such as my 40 MG prilosec was causing the two numbers to get closer. Also, if I've been sick or I'm dehydrated, the numbers get closer. Or if I lay down for too long that could happen.

I will be getting my blood volume tested next week. Maybe that plays a role as well.

I really don't know, but I believe it's part of the POTS syndrome to have the two blood pressure numbers get closer. Blood pressure is off for sure. And in my case, I can get hypertension of the upper number when standing.

Let me know if you find out anything.