House

Ernie

I have had two EP studies. I think the one on House was on the same bases, but I think they over played it. They way they showed it way a EP stuidy with cyo (SP?) abltion ( this is where the freeze the tissue) The other way is radiofrequency. The one nice thing I can say as is don't remeber what happened both times. They told be in recovery but I don not remeber , which for me is a very good thing. The only thing I do remebr was from the frist time, I was on the table and they where getting the guide wires out and I got so uptight I had never seen and thing so long, and to know those where going in you body, I was scared. But the upside is that they took ever good care of me, and the recover was not bad at all, the second one I was up in around after two days, and I even had a pacermaker placed.

Amy

Here is where you can find more info on EP studies and abltions:

http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/arrhythmias/l/blepstudy.htm

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4682

It was cool to see them talk about cardiogenic disorders and during the EP, they triggered SVT in her. They acted super scared about it, my dr. was excited because he got the response he wanted. My drs. never seemed that worried about me in front of me, at least. I had a radiofrequency ablation that was very successful and I do remember it. I was awake, but "drunk." The shock they gave me hurt but I didnt care because i was loopy. Also, my anaesthesiologist was hot and fun to look at with googly eyes the whole time. I was excited to see an EP study done and they acted like it was a frightening and super dangerous thing but my electrophysiologist does like 3 catheretizations with the occasional rare ablation. It is fast and easy for him.

I just wanted to say I seen it too....funny, but I normaly don't get to watch T.V. then when I am able, I get to see this epesode! Very cool! It held my interest. :unsure:

Amber

i saw it but it's TV so like others have said i wouldn't take it as an exact depiction...

:D melissa