Feel 'high' Before Episode?

I get slowed, slurred speech and off balance before I have an almost passing out spell. Sometimes I get 'loopy'--like not all there mentally. I feel high. Nothing bothers me. I get a little goofy and laugh inappropriately. It can happen real fast or go on for 45 min. If I lay down it goes away quicker. If I stay on my feet the process is very quick and I'm on the gound if someone doesn't help me get to the couch. If I'm sitting it can take longer to get to the real bad stage of going completely limp.

My Dr. said maybe it's my lungs not doing what they need to to get O2 to my brain (part of my dysautonomia). Also have POTS.

Haven't read about anyone else having these symptoms. I'm new at this. Really enjoy the web site.

It could also be an overflow of neurotransmitters--folks like me have a huge amount of norepinephrine in their blood stream, and that makes me feel hyper before I crash.

Nina

I don't get hyper or high before a crash or spell, but I do have adrenaline(sp?) rushes. I'm on paxil 5mg once a day to help counteract it. I get the high/happy feeling, lots of energy -- can't sit still or stand still, can't stop laughing. I usually get tired and a little down after it goes away. If I sit upright it helps stop the laughing, if I lay down, I can't stop the laughing.

Hope this helps.

UnicornIsis