Injections To Begin Menopause?

Hi

I have some polyps and small fibroids. also MAJOR breast cysts issues for years that are UNresponsive to diet (mom had mastectomy from her cysts 40 years ago)

Anyway, I still have regular periods and a hysterectomy has been suggested BUT once you do that, there is no going back to normal. Was going to have an abaltion to slow or halt bleeding but I have done this with prometrium and short walks a few times a week.

I see my endocrinologist/ANS doc next week. He thought in email, yanking out ovaries with uterus might help to STABILIZE my hormones. Prometrium at tiny doses (poking hole in pill and releasiing some cream before taking) has slowed down the bleeding each MONTH CONSIDERABLY but I STILL FEEL LIKE &^%$?

So, I was thinking about discussing the shots to put you into menopause. I know it takes more than one and it can last a few months. But eventually, don't the shots wear off?

It is TOUGH to find articles online about this online without somebody's hidden agenda in it "Promoting NATURAL alternatives/pushing the meds involved, etc"

so if anybody can tell me if they have that this done, please share.

There is NO sense in getting a hysterectomy at this point for me...I just can't justify it..and I KNOW there is no guarantee...and the ovaries need to come out since it's my PMS or hormonal surges making me ill.

Also if you have an ablation, there may be no bleeding but the body and brain STILL THINKS the body is getting ready to bleed so hormonal roller coaster.

114800175_948d325460_m.jpg

Thanks

Sophia

I cannot answer your question since I've not had suppression with injections. But I did have the menopause from h***. I bled one time for six months straight.

I finally got some relief from all the spotting when my gynecological oncologist prescribed Evista. It must have suppressed something because after that my bleeding stopped. Five years later I stopped the medication because I was afraid of blood clots and because I was fully menopausal. But the medication did get me through menopause despite my fibroids.

I also had 4 D&C's along the way to "clean out" my uterus from the thickened wall build up.

I do still have my uterus/ovaries and am very glad I stuck it out.

I hope you find relief. I know it can be extremely difficult to get through this.

I think the shots you're speaking of are Lupron injections--this is what my doc has been trying to get me to do for several years, b/c I've been fighting with him just like you, as I would like to keep my organs where there are. I haven't hit my limit yet where I'd be ready to try the shots. If you do it, keep us posted please? My biggest worry is how the hormonal changes might negatively affect my functioning level.

Nina

Nina

I have been reading some message boards about Lupron for days and they are full of nightmare stories with a 'few positive stories.' But nobody has ANS problems that throw a boomerang into things.

I am so NON functional as far as yard work, commitments to just 'leave the house', with fluctuating hormones. TRULY I am afraid yanking out organs INCLUDING ovaries 'could be worse'. So it's one of those things, there are no guarantees.

I have read of NIGHTMARISH depression, suicidal thoughts and homicidal thoughts. BUT KNOWING THIS going into a 'TRIAL of menopause', I think I could handle it for a few months.

Also, Nina, I came across ONE link I need to find again that talk about 'add back' or something therapy for women on LUPRON who CAN NOT handle the side effects. I need to ask my endocrinoglost, if you get INJECTIONS to suppress all of this, would giving hormonal supplements "to bring you out or improve side effects" create more chaos or fix things?

Most women take this for endometriosis and men for Prostate cancer.

So I am torn as to what to do. I have heard the hot flashes can be HORRIBLE so not sure about doing this IN THE SUMMER! HELLO!...even with AC on we have to keep the temp high due to electric bills.

I KNOW INSTANT Chemical menopause or surgical induced, can be harsher for some. BUT MY THEORY IS, at least the Lupron can wear off.

I should make my decision after seeing my doc on Thursday...though he will have no guarantees either, of course. If this were winter, I would try this quicker..but hot humid summers...I don't think so. Might as well make the "hot flashes" work in my favor since we keep the house so cold in the winter.