Dr. Grubb's Book

I was wondering if anyone has read Dr. Grubb's book. Syncope: Mechanisms and mangagment. The cardiologist that my daughter is seeing made her an appt with him because she has abnormal fevrs. Very high or very low. 106 fluctuating to 93. He mentioned that there is a chapter on this. I have yet to find the book. Thanks Gelann

I have the book and would suggest it. I think I got it off of the NDRF.org website. I read it a long time ago, so I don't specifically remember reading about the temperature fluctuations, but I could look when I get a chance. But it is good that your daughter got an appointment with him. I just got back from seeing him and it was well worth the trip. He spent a lot of time with us and had some interesting ideas about what I could try. Also, he was able to diagnose Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (a genetic problem affecting connective tissue) in me almost immediately. He seems to be highly knowledgeable about POTS and I would definitely recommend both seeing him and reading his book.

I would recommend "The Fainting Phenomenon" before "Syncope: mechanisms and management."

The Fainting Phenomenon was a lot easier to understand than his syncope book, which seemed more technical and geared toward medical professionals.

Michelle

hi--I bought he book the fainting phenomenon by grubb back in 2004.. to read about dysautonomia.. and i also i used it as a research item for a term paper I had to write for a class.. I wrote about POTS!

But it is very easy to read.. and is written in laymens terms.. the averge joe-shmoe.. can understand it..

I ordered mine thru barnes and Noble bookstore i think.. but you can also buy it off of the ndrf.website as well.. I think for a few dollars cheaper then if you had it ordered thru a book store...

I have not read the book you are talking about yet though...