Are People Able To Work With Pots

ellepee

Guest tearose

After many years of not knowing what I was dealing with, and then two years of figuring what would help, including a move to a totally handicap equip house, I am trying to get a job!

It isn't easy. Understatement I know.

Who wants to hire a petite woman who wears old lady compression hose, carries a seat cane and wears a heartmonitor that beeps at unexpected times??? :unsure::blink::(

I am a fighter, a survivor, and I will keep trying as long as I am physically able to get that little part of work in the community that makes feel part of the outside world again. I will never see the pay I would have, I will not stand and make great presentations again...but I can sit and speak!

My grey matter has gone pink again! My strength has improved and I do know my limitations! There must be SOMEPLACE in society where I will fit! :unsure: I hope...

Anyway, I am once again brushing my elbows and knees off from yet another "failed work attempt". I hope to find something soon.

What a journey...the twists and turns of the path...I guess I will just find a bench and sit for awhile...

I thought I had chimed in on this post but I guess I haven't.

I'm a full-time online student in college working towards my degree in psychology. This has allowed me to continue school. I work harder on the days I feel well so that on the days I don't feel well I don't even have to log online. My school does have deadlines but I've never had a problem meeting them.

I know I can't do much with a bachelor's degree in psychology but I've found a master's program that is also all online. Once I get my bachelor's though I plan to get my teaching certificate and teach at Florida Virtual School while working towards my master's. It's an online middle/high school for all school districts in the state of Florida. I really encourage anyone who needs to work from home to look into jobs online if you are in need of one.

Also, if you hold a bachelor's or are working towards it in any subject, you can apply at tutor.com to tutor kids in subjects of English, Math, Science, or Social Studies from grades 4th - College. They pay $10-14 an hour and you can work between 5 to 30 hours a week - it's all up to you. The hours are from 2pm - 1am and you pick your own hours. I'm going to be doing that in the fall to make some extra money.

I've thoroughly researched many at-home job opportunities so if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. :unsure:

Hi, I know that symptoms and severity are very individual and varying. But I thought I would lend a little hope in saying that I am not nearly as sick as I was upon diagnosis (and the years before it). Even though I wasn't able to do much back then, now I go to school full time AND work 6 hours a week (at a sit down job).

I am very lucky to be living a fairly normal life, and I know there are other POTs patients out there who are too.

Take care ~~~I hope you find your own miracle treatment soon :unsure:

Shannon

I'm a full time master's student and I'm hoping to begin my PhD in October. This is against the advice of my cardiologist, who thinks it takes too much out of me to be in Oxford.

There is no denying it- I have paid, and am paying dearly for pursuing my education. I became iller this year than ever before. But in a way, I feel that because of that, I have accomplished more too. Several people have offerd me the chance to defer and I have refused. I'm 3/4 of the way through my degree now and I really want to see it through to the end.

It's been hard to understand that in order to do that, I have to make enormous sacrifices. THe life I have here is hugelydifferent to my St Andrews (undergrad, when I was well) one. THere's no extra curricular stuff. If I go to the bar with friends from my course, I feel drained for days afterwards. I can't do the simplest stuff that other healthy students take for granted. And I find it hard not to feel resentful of them for that.

I get so sick and tired of being different, of being 'the one who faints'- no one here sees me for ME (except for my tutor). Everyone else, including the supposedly 'modern' Disability Office have taught me how to be helpless- they don't want me to go out anywhere on my own anymore, which was great at first but which I now find majorly oppressive. Especially when I think of the way I usd to always buzz around before.

In some ways, I am more depressed now than I was before I started here- because I feel let down by so many people.

BUT I take pride in knowing that I had the balls to try it, and also in knowing that I won't spend the rest of my life thinking 'what if'.

It's also affirmed my true love and passion for my subject (Medieval English). Oxford has some of the mostprecious manuscripts in the world, and for me taking an 'online' course would simply not be an option when I compare it to handling unique artifacts like these.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it will be really hard, but I think you should give work/college a go:)