I Am Going To See Dr. Grubb Finally!

Meliss446

I am finally going to see Dr. Grubb in a few weeks. My appointment is on the 27th. So it is still a bit aways, but I want to get everything ready before hand. Anyways, this is my first appointment, and I know many of you have been and can offer some help about what to bring, expect, etc.

I am working on getting my medical charts from my various doctors. I am planning on getting them all and then bringing all the relevent information to Dr. Grubb myself. As of yet, I am not having any test results sent to him. Do you think that is okay, if I just bring them myself. That way I know for sure that I will be able to show them. Also, I was planning on making a time line of when I got sick, all my symptoms, etc, as well as a list of specific questions that I have. Would this be too much? I don't want him to feel inundated with all my problems/questions. I just have so much I want to find out.

I think that we will be driving there, since it is only like 5 hours from here, and would probably be just as much of a hassle to fly. Does anybody know of any hotels right by his office that we could stay at? We don't want a really expensive place, but we dont want a dump either.

Also, I think I have read on here before that I should expect to wait a long time to see him, but also expect to spend a long time talking to him. Is that the case? I guess if I have to wait a long time then I will be nice and symptomatic! Well thanks for any suggestions or help, I really appreciate it.

Melissa

I saw Dr Grubb last year so I'll try and answer some of your questions.

I brought all my workups ...I didnt fax ahead of time.... Being as specific as possible is best b.c it only can work in your favor.... make sure you have every question you want to ask.... I made a list for a week ahead of time ..I would jot down things As I thought of them.....

They reviewed all my records before Dr Grubb came in to see me..... I saw his NP Beverly first ( very nice lady)....and she and Dr Grubb went over what I brought with me......

I think a "timeline" or synopisis is very good to have.

I did have a wait..I think about 7 hours..... It was fine though... I just brought a book, theres a cafateria to get a bite to eat, I actually made "friends" with a bunch of people waiting with me....I think we all knew each others story by the time we were ready to go in! lol

You might get in right on time...... But I would prepare for a wait and bring some things to keep you occupied.

We stayed at the Hilton right on the Campus of the Medical College... It was just easier for us....its right next to Dr Grubb's building...

Its a tiny hospital...... so its not like you have to navigate! lol

I'm sure others will have more advise or possibilites of where to stay.....

Good luck to you, and I hope everythig goes well!! :)

HI,

I had faxed all my medical file but they said they never got it. Good thing I had the original with me. He spent about 60 minutes with me and he asked me questions about my medical history. I had a page full of questions but we did not have time to go over them. It was a worthwhile visit. I don't know if I will be able to afford to go back agan but I hope so.

Good luck.

if you call MCO.. here is the toll free number 1-800-321-8383.. you can ask them to connect you to the Hilton.. which is in very close distance to the hospital.. and ask to reserve a room-- the have a hospital discount.. where you can get the room for about 59-64 dollars a night verses there usual $149 a night!

I think that the beds at the hilton are super comfy.. as i always sleep really well on them.. there are nice and asoft!! so are the pilows! lol

but yeah ask for the hospital discount.. and give them Dr. grubb's name...

everything you are diong and that jenn suggested sounds good t me.. and yeah be prepared to wait a while to see grubb.. its worht the wait i think though..

have a safe trip!

I am finally going to see Dr. Grubb in a few weeks. My appointment is on the 27th. So it is still a bit aways, but I want to get everything ready before hand. Anyways, this is my first appointment, and I know many of you have been and can offer some help about what to bring, expect, etc.

I am working on getting my medical charts from my various doctors. I am planning on getting them all and then bringing all the relevent information to Dr. Grubb myself. As of yet, I am not having any test results sent to him. Do you think that is okay, if I just bring them myself. That way I know for sure that I will be able to show them. Also, I was planning on making a time line of when I got sick, all my symptoms, etc, as well as a list of specific questions that I have. Would this be too much? I don't want him to feel inundated with all my problems/questions. I just have so much I want to find out.

I think that we will be driving there, since it is only like 5 hours from here, and would probably be just as much of a hassle to fly. Does anybody know of any hotels right by his office that we could stay at? We don't want a really expensive place, but we dont want a dump either.

Also, I think I have read on here before that I should expect to wait a long time to see him, but also expect to spend a long time talking to him. Is that the case? I guess if I have to wait a long time then I will be nice and symptomatic! Well thanks for any suggestions or help, I really appreciate it.

Melissa

Where is Dr. Grubb that many members have been talking about? The Mayo Clinic? Does anyone see Dr. Gilden at St. Mary of Nazareth Hospital in Chicago?