Regular Use Of Epsom Salts For Laxative?

lnc

Thanks for the welcome this week... I have increasingly had problems with constipation. I tried fiber supplements and lotsof water/exercise. I ended up with an impaction. So, I tried daily miralax but still don't go regularly. The only thing that works is milk of magnesia. Do you think a 2 t. dose of epsom salts stirred in a glass of water every morning would be harmful if I keep up with my fluids?

Inc, I'm no doctor, but epsom salts does not sound good me. I use that to soak sprained ankles. There are so many products like Metamucil, Fiber Choice chewable tablets, flax seed, stool softeners, prune juice, etc., available in the drug store, all of which I can recommend (I have tried them all). If you have tried every thing you can find at your drug store, talk to the pharmacist.

Please check with your doctor for medical advice. Treatments that help one person could be detrimental to another, and I would hate to see anyone be harmed by dubious advice.

Michelle

Thankyou Michelle, you are so right. I shouldn't have said anything other than check with your doctor- this is really the only way to know what's safe for you- ellen

Hi Ellen,

Sorry if that sounded like I was saying your advice was "dubious." :P I wasn't. I just worry when people ask for medical advice here...they really need to ask a medical professional. I don't want any of our members taking advice that may end up being detrimental to them, you know?

Michelle