Major Improvement

Hi all,

A few months ago, I went to my OBGYN and together, we worked out a plan to eliminate my cycle. I'm taking a low hormone birth control straight through, starting a new pack when I reach the end of the active pills in the old one. Now I'm only supposed to have 1 period a year.

Since doing this, my health has improved dramatically. Before, I would be bedridden for about five days before my cycle, and wouldn't recover until a few days into it. I was bedridden for about 11 days out of each 28 day cycle. It took so long for my body to recover, that just about the time I was feeling better, I'd be starting a new cycle again!

I've now been cycle-free for 3 months, and I haven't missed a single class! I've even been using my wheelchair a little less often.

I just wanted to post about this because this might be an option for those of you who're very affected by your cycles. Maybe you'd have similar results.

Hugs,

Lauren

Thanks Lauren,

I do have a hard time around that time of the month............I have my tubes tied so never thought about taking birth control pills.

Something to think about.

Amber

Lauren,

Are you kidding me? Has it been three months since we talked about this on the board? I am seriously missing the passage of time. Yikes!

What pill did you decide on??? I take Alesse/Aviene (had to switch to the generic which is BRIGHT orange and I think it is supposed to say 'take this or else you might get pregnant? hahahahaha. I'm like, okay, whatever in that dep't.).

Anyways, I am so glad that you have had such great success with doing this. I have been so grateful to be able to do my pill that way also. There's no going back is there? Life without periods and that ick is so nice. I am gald that it has made such a big difference for you.

What was the reasoning for one period a year? just curious? Maybe I should do that? I haven't had a period for at least two years or more now, maybe three.

Hugs,

Emily

Emily!

I never see you anymore! How are you doing?

Yes, BC is great. I'm taking Ortho low. And as for the once-a-year thing, he warned me that no periods could be bad for my reproductive organs, and he didn't want to risk problems down the road.

Hope you're feeling better than when when I last heard from you.

Hugs,

Lauren