Dysautonomia Messing W/ Periods??

So I am at day 45 and I feel appropriately cruddy. I had some dark brown spotting around day 29...but then nothing. I took a pregnancy test and it is negative and I keep getting these pinchy pains in my lower abdomen, running super hot and then chills, feeling faint (but that is kind of normal for me lol) along with cramping. The cramping does not surprise me.

I went to the doc cause although I run long (33-34 days) I have never run nearly this long in the four years I have tracked it...

they did a urine sample cause they thought I might have a bladder infection...whatever. They took my temperature and it was 98.6...ie: lowgrade fever but they could not be convinsed of this..

Anyway bladder infection test was negative except that I had some white blood cells in my urine.

Other than that I got the 'well I just dont know what to tell ya'

Has anyone else had their dysautonomia mess with their cycles??

I am just frustrated. Maybe this is my new weirdness?

Guest Belinda

Yes mam..I have had really messed up periods in the last year even before I got prego and had to have D+C..still am having problems. And last month I hhad the period of what you describe like rust stain period.

And felt really cruddy...didn't seem like a true one. Now I am early this month with my period less than 3 wks. between and I am bleeding like a crazy woman.

I don't know what else to say but if oyur under stress even just your body it will alter the hormones.

Wish they could figure this out for you...and I hope they do soon.

Belinda

Guest sonotech

The symptoms COULD be related to POTS, but symptoms also sound similar to possible ovarian cyst.

Are you prone to getting cysts?

If it is a cyst it should ressolve on its own. Dont know if your doc did a pelvic exam, but they usually can feel the cysts if you have one.

Well...if the SERIOUS stuff has been ruled out, then I guess its a waiting game.

Hope you get some answers,

LAURA

hi,

i've been asking myself this question as well. i have such weird cycles for years now. i've been told at age 34 that i was in menopause and later on it didn't look like menopause and after 6 years they told me that it was menopause and half a year later it wasn't ???????!!!!!!!

my cycles are about every 5 days and take about 5 to 10 dyas. i once had a 6 weeks period (meaning that i menstuated for 6 weeks) and when i called my pcp he immediately gave some meds to stop it which worked at that time.

i have two healthy boys and decided that i want to have a hysterectomy because i do not want to have more periods. i get sick and tired of it after having this trouble for about 10 years now. also i think it might help me feel better when i don't menstruate anymore (but this is just hope nothing more than that).

my gyn offered me to have a hysterectomy two years ago but at that point i didn't want to have surgery because the anesthesia makes me so very sick but now i decided to go for it because i will be so very happy not to be mesntruating so very often anymore.

oh, btw i don't have cysts or anything else that could cause this, so i do think it is the dysautonomia causing all this trouble.

corina :D

Ok so now that I am at 48 days with no end in sight I was surfing and found the article I copied / pasted below... interesting...

From: http://www.womentowomen.com/menstruation/i...ularperiods.asp

"Why does being stressed cause irregular periods?

When we are stressed, regardless of the source (danger, personal relationships, work, environment) our adrenal glands are designed to secrete the hormone cortisol (see our article on adrenal fatigue). Cortisol has a direct impact on the sex hormones estrogen, progesterone, and DHEA. Eating disorders, dieting, drug use, and reliance on stimulants like caffeine and alcohol are also interpreted by the body as kinds of stress. Poor nutrition seems to physically change the proteins in the brain so they can no longer send the proper signals for normal ovulation. "

Hi,

I can go w/o having a period for months...I have always been like this. I do tend to get ovarian cysts ALOT...OUCH!

Jacquie