Any of you with medical knowledge

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused with my test results, and I had trouble finding what the normal values should be for cardiovascular hemodynamics testing.

Here is mine-----------BSA: 1.76m2, HGB: 14.3, K02: 133, Est 02: 234.08ml. -----Len: 1.8/7 sec BPM 231

NOTE:------------the 2s you see are smaller ---it was hard to make it like what the test looked like It said heart rate was 231----but I know it wasn't----because I would have known it.

Confused.............one doctor told me that it means my HR is not the most brisk---but it was OK.

The test in the end said normal heart----and normal sinus rhythm------------?

Julie :0)

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused with my test results, and I had trouble finding what the normal values should be for cardiovascular hemodynamics testing.

Here is mine-----------BSA: 1.76m2, HGB: 14.3, K02: 133, Est 02: 234.08ml. -----Len: 1.8/7 sec BPM 231

NOTE:------------the 2s you see are smaller ---it was hard to make it like what the test looked like It said heart rate was 231----but I know it wasn't----because I would have known it.

Confused.............one doctor told me that it means my HR is not the most brisk---but it was OK.

The test in the end said normal heart----and normal sinus rhythm------------?

Hi julie,

I know how frustrating it can be trying to find lab values, I am not a doctor, just looking up info for you don't know if this will help or not.

BSA:The cardiac index is an adjustment of the cardiac output based on the size of the person?s body. It is the most and individualized cardiac parameter that the nurse can use. It is based on body surface area (BSA). The formula for calculating cardiac index is CI= CO/BSA. The normal value for this parameter is 2.5 to 4L/min/m2

BPM: Normally the heart rate should the 60 to 100 beats per minute. Any rate greater than 120 beats per minute results in decreased cardiac output as a result of the decreased ventricular filling time. Dysrhythmias result in a decrease cardiac output due to a loss of synchronization of atrial and ventricular filling and injection. Bradycardia, that is a heart rate less than 60 beats per minute

was the hgb a blood test?

HEMOGLOBIN

Hgb (Male) 14 - 18 g/dL

Hgb (Female) 11 - 16 g/dL

Hgb (Child) 10 - 14 g/dL

Hgb (Newborn) 15 - 25 g/dL

not sure if this will help??

HEMODYNAMIC PARAMETERS

cardiac index 2.5 - 4.2 L / min / m2

cardiac output 4 - 8 LPM

left ventricular stroke work index 40 - 70 g / m2 / beat

right ventricular stroke work index 7 - 12 g / m2 / beat

mean arterial pressure 70 - 105 mm Hg

pulmonary vascular resistance 155 - 255 dynes / sec / cm to the negative 5

pulmonary vascular resistance index 255 - 285 dynes / sec / cm to the negative 5

stroke volume 60 - 100 mL / beat

stroke volume index 40 - 85 mL / m2 / beat

systemic vascular resistance 900 - 1600 dynes / sec / cm to the negative 5

systemic vascular resistance index 1970 - 2390 dynes / sec / cm to the negative 5

systolic arterial pressure 90 - 140 mm Hg

diastolic arterial pressure 60 - 90 mm Hg

central venous pressure 2 - 6 mm Hg; 2.5 - 12 cm H2O

ejection fraction 60 - 75%

left arterial pressure 4 - 12 mm Hg

right atrial pressure 4 - 6 mm Hg

pulmonary artery systolic 15 - 30 mm Hg

pulmonary artery diastolic 5 - 15 mm Hg

pulmonary artery pressure 10 - 20 mm Hg

pulmonary artery wedge pressure 4 - 12 mm Hg

pulmonary artery end diastolic pressure 8 - 10 mm Hg

right ventricular end diastolic pressure 0 - 8 mm Hg

i just noticed you state you have spinal stenosis, can i ask, have you had any decompression surgery for this?

the reason i ask is my p.o.t.s is caused by postural venous pooling that causes postural diastolic hypotension and i have low blood volume. but after my decompression i was able to get off the betta-blocker because one part of where the spine was compressed was affecting the bp and heart rate. my heart rate would drop from 80 to 55 just bending my head back. i get severe pressure in the back of my head and in my eyes. i still get drops and rises in bp and heart rate but not as severe.

Guest Julia59

Thanks for posting girls............ ;)

The way it sounds----I've got a bad heart---and problems with cholesterol---LDL 126, HDL 27- :ph34r: , and triclycerides 210-----despite a good diet. I'm only missing the good fats---because I watched my fats too well---and the fats I did eat were surgar----and there isn't much of that. So now I watch that.

The Doc stated my heart just isn't the most brisk-----thanks a lot----How do I make it better-----will it get better-----------is long term use of beta blockers causing this???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe this is all just a bad dream............................................ :lol:

Julie :0/

Guest Julia59

The trouble is the ratio ------my HDL is so low the ratio is really bad----the CHOL/HDL is 7.2---and normal is .0---4.5----------------- :)

My back hurts so bad all the time----it sometimes spreads into my chest-----so it's hard to tell if I have heart related chest pain-------and now this other weird test result----you can probably imagine the anxiety.

The HDL is the drano that cleans out the arteries----------I have very little of it----so a whopper is out of the question for me.

Does it run in your family briarrose? It runs in my family---but I'm the only one in my family with HDL that low. I just don't eat enough good fats-----I need to cook more with the good stuff. My husbands is a little low too---but his total is only 140---with his LDL being only 70. He eats anything he wants---including double whoppers---and the fries. He does eat an apple every day, raw carrots every other day, and the sandwiches rotate between canadian maple ham and swiss cheese, PB and J, and bologna and cheese----then wheat thins, and three cookies if I pack his lunch, 4 if he packs it :( . This is the same routine everyday. He eats a lot of cereal. He doesn't snack on chips---or anything like it. He eats a lot of sugar.

His Glucose was normal-----just checked it. I wish I was him--------- :)

I just throw all extra sweets towards him-----he can handle them........................LOL

He delivers mail all day, but he didn't have a walking route until this last year, and his cholesterol was checked last year when he has chest pain that turned out to be acid reflux. His stress test was perfect.

Gee----could the reflux be from all the sweets...................... :D

Julie,

I can't tell you about test results but from experience I can say a little about acid reflux. I found that if I eliminated bread from my diet, that it reduced the amount of acid reflux I was experiencing. I still take Pantaloc for it and that helps a great deal. The trick might be to eliminate some of the well known triggers (I'm sure that others might help with this) for awhile and then reintroduce them to your husband's diet. For some, spicy food is the culprit, for others acid foods like tomato sauce. My mother has the same problem with bread but she finds that if she only has it first thing in the morning it doesn't bother her as much.

Acid reflux is not as benign as some might think as it does cause cancers of the esophagus - it is important to control it. I sleep on a elevated board covered with sponge and an extra large pillow case. This contraption is propped up on two pillows. Two other pillows under my knees keep me from sliding off it.

I also find that if I don't sleep propped up, my asthma is more likely to bother me. My respirologist says that acid reflux is a trigger for asthma. Sleeping on your left side is also recommended for people with acid reflux or GERD.

Hope this helps,

Lily