Cheaper but better

I've been wearing Jobst waist-high compression stockings every day now for a couple of years. My major complaint about them is they compress right down to the tips of my toes, which causes discomfort in my pressure-sensitive big toe nails. The nails are not ingrown, just incurvated. It's a genetic thing. But if I don't relieve the pressure on them, they get worse and worse. Anyway, I usually take a pair of scissors and cut open the toes of my pressure stockings so that they can't compress my poor toenails. Well, I went to put on my brand new pair of Allegro brand hose this morning, and I found that they have loose-fitting toe caps! Very comfy! Plus, they were much cheaper.

Carla, you have to order them online, or get them from a medical supply shop. I use the Ames Walker brand, and like LT says, they're cheaper than the custom made Jobst, and they're not as tight on the feet or waist band.

You can find some links to shops that sell these in the Frequently Asked Questions topic at pinned at the top of this forum.

Nina

Are Jobst the only ones you know of that ARE tight in the feet? Cuz apparently my blood pools in my feet, not my legs. ( :blink: )