Flying.... suggestions??

carlacat

I have been reading other posts about flying and I hope I do okay. I will be flying by myself and it is a 1 1/2 hr then I have small layover then another 1 1/2 hrs on the plane. I will take water and keep moving in my seat etc... any other suggestions??

Oh yeah by the way..is there any vitanim that helps you any?? I need to get some B12 but I do take a multi vitanim already.

Carlacat

I've been on 4 flights (2 each way) in the last week and did just fine. Yes, take water--tho I much prefer gatorade when I want to get hydrated quick; I had both along on the flight. They'll probably give you pretzels for a snack, which is a happy thing. Don't worry about it; in my experience this go-'round, flying didn't have an impact on the POTS symptoms (tho I did catch a horrible cold during the first leg of the first flight--it lasted only 24 hours, which is very unusual for me, so I was lucky. I think it was a stress related--I've had a helluva month!) Good luck!

Hi, I don't usually have any problems flying either. The only other thing I'd suggest is to wear compression hose. I wear the knee highs and they help me somewhat. As for vitamins, you might want to take some vitamin C before you go. Planes have that recycled air so unfortunately if one person is sick it seems to spread the germs pretty easily.

Have a good flight :)

Oh yes -- thanks for reminding me, Pamyla. I was wearing thigh high compression hose too, and I've been told they're a must--especially during flights!

I find them a must just for having energy to walk around. I didn't wear them for a few hours at a time a couple of days during my trip--first time I've had them off in a few months(!)--and I could REALLY feel the difference. Even tho I was in a warm place, I much preferred the way I felt with the compression hose on than the way I felt with them off.

Thanks all...I wear the knee high compression hose anyways. I know I'll do fine.

About the vitamins...I wasnt really meaning vitamins when flying, I meant vitamins to take on a daily basis that may help us fell better.

Okay I admit it..I just want a wonder drug. I go to a new Pots doc in June so I'm really hoping he knows something about it. Do you think he would get affended if I emailed him???

Carlacat

PS..I will be flying to Vermont, in which we will be living.

I don't have any other suggestions about flying other than to stay away from carbonated drinks. Water and tomato juice are good choices.

As for emailing your new doc, I email mine quite often. She encourages it. It saves a lot of time when I see her, because she already knows why I'm coming and what questions I have, etc. I love it. I don't think your new doc will be offended, but he/she may not be comfortable with it due to the HIPAA privacy rules. But if he/she doesn't want to communicate that way, he/she will let you know. I just heard a report on NPR this week that talked about doctors using email more.