diabetes

dizzygirl

ok having a potsy moment and did not explain myself well.. will post what Imean later..

Edited by dizzygirl

hi linda -

i'm no expert in this, but before i typed an answer i did a bit of research and what i would have written remains the same; i don't think there is a difference. thus, i'm not really sure what your doctor was/is referring to...other than perhaps that you're starting to show clinical signs/symptoms other than "just" high blood sugar? that's my only guess, b/c the only two "types" of diabetes are types I & II....and diabetes mellitus is simply the full name for what is more often referred to as diabetes.

do you see an endo to manage your diabetes? i know that none of us are fond of adding more docs to the roster, but if you're not comfortable with your PCP's handle on things it might be worth considering.

;) melissa

melissa

hi ;)

I did some internet searching too.. and I ddint really see a difference in the 2 either..but was wondering if anybody had any idea;s...I have had symptoms of diabetes now for about 4 yrs.. but did not get diagnosed w/ diabetes until march of 2005.. and i dont handle the meds well for diabetes..type 2 diabetes..as symptoms of diabetes can over lap with symptoms of POTS as well.. (symptoms overlap in some area's for both illnesses)

SO I am not sure what they mean..

No I do not have an endo doc.. i have searched all of the county.. and there is not an endo that excepts my insurance..believe me i have looked.. the one and only endo who was here I waited allmost ayr to get into see him.. and when it came time for my appointment and I went downtown to see him.. when i go there they told me that they no longer offer an endo clinic! and that that doc was no longer there.. I'm like you gotta be kidding!

So I'm still looking for an endo..

:) :)

Edited by dizzygirl

dizzygirl

Could your doctor have perhaps said you are developing 'clinical signs' of diabetes w/o blood tests to prove it? Otherwise, I am confused as well.

He didn't mention Diabetes Insipidus did he? This has NOTHING to do with blood sugar but many of us have symptoms of it w/o having it and DDAVP helps.

Here is an article on Diabetes Insipidus. I hope you can clarify what your doctor means. Does diabetes run in your family?

Take care

http://familydoctor.org/048.xml

sorry for the confusion.. I DO allready have type 2 diabetes.. I'm thinking that maybe they are thinking that the diabetes is progressing.. i will get more detail when I see the doc in person.

just wanted to update things.. I spoke with my nurse and she explained to me that they the doc is thinking that my diabetes is progressing to the next level so to speak.. despite diet changes..the home nurse came this morning and drew blood to check my sugars and also urine to check the level of sugar in my urine..

some times I dont know if I am feeling abd from pots or diabetes.. or both..kinda *****.. yucky!