Birth Control Pills

Jacquie802

Hi, one more question I have for you guys (this is the last one, I promise!!!)...Does anyone take Birth Control Pills and Florinef?? I am supposed to take them, but I read that if you take Florinef you have to check with your doctor before you take them together. Anyone know why? Thanks AGAIN!!

Jacquie

Since florinef raises blood pressure, it might be to make sure you don't have hypertension. Hypertension and the pill can be a bad mix. That's jut my two cents- I have no other ideas. Maybe someone else does?

Carmen

I am on florinef and the patch (Ortho Evra). You should ALWAYS check with your doctors and pharmacists about mixing meds, no matter what they are.

I also wanted to high light what someone else already said- about the yasmin causing potassium problems. I wouldn't be able to have MORE of a K deficiency, florinef already depletes me of K as it is. I can't take a higher dose of K because I'm already taking the max my body can absorb.