b/p raising

Mrs. Glass

I took my b/p several times yesterday and it was so close to normal that it was almost scary. It has not been that good in over a year. I thought alright I am actually going to get something done today. NOT! I tried to but I didnt have the strength and everytime that I tried to do anything my heart would race so fast that I thought that it was going to jump out of my body. My Cardiologist told me that when my b/p started to go up that my other symptoms would leave, well he was wrong. I am sitting here crying right now because I can barely see, I have brain fog to the point that it is hard for me to spell, and I am so weak and my legs hurt so bad that I just want to scream for someone to please help me! Even with everything that I have been through with this doctor, I actually believed him, now I just want to scream at him! He told me that he thought that all of my other symptoms were due to low blood pressure and as soon as it came up I would feel better. Well I am here to tell you it did not work! I have to call his nurse next week and I am going to let her know that it is not better. My b/p is up but that is all.Even though my b/p was up yesterday I was still having dizzy spells. So maybe my dizzy spells are not from my low b/p? I dont know I am just so upset this morning. A lot of it could be because I am not sleeping. I have tried everything. I even tried herbal tea to help you rest. Last night I stayed up as long as I could, and I forced myself not to take a nap, just hoping that I would sleep more than 3 hours. It did not work. I went to bed at midnight and was awake be 3 am. The ambien helps me to fall asleep but I sleep so lightly that my little dog jumping off of the bed will wake me up. So I am not resting at all,and I am exhausted. If I didnt have this support group to go to I dont know what I would do. Lose my mind probably. I wish that I could meet each and every one of you and give you a big hug and tell you how much I appreciate all that you do here. You all are in the same boat but you are here supporting each other in any way that you can. You are all great. I applaud you all, there still is compassion and caring in this messed up world. I appreciate each and every one of you. Thanks for letting me vent. I am going to sign off now I am crying so hard that I cant type. Vanessa

Guest Belinda

Vanessa- How awful for you..(((HUGS!!))) You know even when my bp is close to normal lioke 106/70 I am still dizzy when I do things.and sometimes when I am doing nothing.

I am so sorry you feel so terrible,be forceful when you tell them how you feel and that it isn't working

You also mentioned your heart is still racing..that would give many people dizziness or lightheadedness.

At any rate I hope you get some relief soon!!

Belinda

P.s. Glad at least your bp is raising for you..

I'm glad your bp went up, but I also have the same thing happen to me....when my bp goes up my symptoms don't resolve that much. I bet the tachy does cause you to be more dizzy,etc. Also, if you lay in bed for long amts of time (like I have been doing lately) it seems like the tachy as well as the other symptoms get alot worse. I wish I could give you some of my sleeping hours. I slept 11 last night and 15 the night before. <_<

I too have the same problem, there is my last ditch effort of a over the counter medicine Percogesic. It is a mild muscle relaxer and pain reliever. for some reason it will sometimes help. I have not had any interactions with it, but can't speak for everyone. I get the generic at walmart called genosic. lots cheaper. helps with migraines and bunched up neck muscles too. I have tried ambien and lunesta and they don't do a thing. I can't figure out how I can be so sleepy and tired during the day and be wide awake at night. I have always been this way, even as a child. Always been a believer in naps:-). But this NMh/POTS thing has really swung things around. I don't know what the answer is. I hope it gets better for you.:-)

i feel so so terrible for you, and i am so sorry that you are suffering so much, its terrible when you cant sleep, and i find that the less i sleep, then the harder it is to fall asleep even though we are so exhausted, its like i'm too exhausted to sleep! so its a vicious cycle, and i know that even though my bp has been little higher recently, i dont feel any better in any way, so this disease is so crazy, nothing makes sense, sometimes we have to just resign ourselves to the fact that we wont always have the answers, i wish you some restful sleep, have you tried herbs like valerian, or lemon balm? they can help,

radha