pain only on left side of neck

Radha

i was wondering if any of you had any ideas why i am getting pain right underneath my left ear, i think there is a major artery there, it is always on left side of neck and it comes and goes, like a heavy tenderness, any input would be appreciated, thanks for always being there,

radha

Radha-

I hope someone can answer this. I've had the same thing on the right side of my neck for a long time now. Doctors have been no help, and when it hurts my other symptoms often kick in soon afterwards. I would like to rule out Carotid Artery Stenosis, but don't think that's it or I probably would have had more problems develop by now. I tend to believe mine is neurological. Hope you (we) get some answers. My pain was there just before all my other autonomic problems started.

Dan

I get the same feeling below my left ear as well and I agree that it tends to precede a period of time when I will be feeling worse. I'm not sure it it is just muscular because I have had some shoulder issues, but it was there from the onset of my POTS too. I actually failed the ENG part of the test given by the audiologist, but at the time I as told that it wasn't significant--not significant for the physician, but it sure was for me! Martha

I think Julie was tested for mastoiditis and though I can't get a doctor to test me there such a thing and it is behind the ear. There are "sinuses" sort-of behind your ear that can get infected especially when a sinus infection has gone on to long. Might be a thing to ask your doctor about. I too get that and when I get my headaches they can be on one side and soemtimes my muscles on one side will get really sore and can spasm there. So me too me too! :angry:

the pain isnt behind the ear, but right below the earlobe, sorry i wasnt clear, it is deep in that groove, i think that there is a major artery there, its a kind of dull aching feeling there, if anyone has any ideas, i am not looking for a diagnosis, but just ideas, thanks for any input,

radha