Pain-hips, knees, shoulder

LisaColumbus

Hi all,

I have been having severe pain in my knees, hips and right shoulder. The pain in my knees is what hurts the most. My knees get very stiff if I have them bent and when I stretch my legs it feels as if someone is trying to pry my kneecaps off. It hurts to the point that I come close to screaming. I tried googling to see what is could be but everything I found says there should be redness and swelling, I have neither, just the pain and stiffness. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

You really should talk to your doctor about this--there's all sorts of things that could cause your pain from simple to complex: arthritis, lyme disease, tendonitis, etc.

Nina

Yes- it's not fun at all! I'm sorry you're experiencing it!

I've had knee pain for a couple years now that was chalked up to chronic tendonitis (from.. ahem... snowboarding and using the darn elliptical trainer every day back when I could)... the hip and other joint pain for me has only joined in since August or so... I don't know what causes it, but there are many of us with it. Let us know what you find out! The med that works the best for me is ibuprofen, as it is anti-inflammatory. Good luck!