I had a very scary night

bamagirl

Yesterday I felt terrible all day. I have actually felt terrible for a month straight now. I have had the bursts of tachy palps alot and just been tachy in general all throughout the day. I was up and moving most of the day and suddenly around 7pm I got sleepy to the point I literally had to lie down on the bed with all my clothes on. Anyway I napped for about 15 mins and woke up with my heart racing, I had the chills and I was so dizzy. After a couple of hours of lying there in the bed, my whole body started burning like it was on fire!! My feet were burning up and throbbing, my temp was only 98.0!!!?? Anyway, needsless to say I had a terrible night. I had burning skin and tachy all night long. I had sleep paralysis this morning. Iam so scared right now. I feel like I am just withering away. Does anyone else get these episodes and know what is going on or how to make it go away?

really scared today,

bamagirl

Hi bamagirl,

I'm new to forum, but not new to night time heart palps. I also had a bad night, went to bed around 11:00 pm. It seems that mine start after I lay down. Feels like my heart is pounding, but when I take my bp it's ok, 107/75, which is good for me. I wish I knew why they happen, asked my Dr and she said if they get to much maybe she'd add a third dose of beta blockers into my day. Mine don't happen every day but they really are horrible when they happen. I do notice that if I have an especially busy day, which I had yesterday, they seem to happen more often. Maybe you over did it yesterday? I do hope you feel better.

Take Care

Kim

I agree with Miriam. It sounds like what we call "autonomic storms" when you get all these crazy symptoms severely and for what feels like, relentlessly.

Contact your Dr to see if there is anything they can do. You may need some IV saline, extra salt, electrolytes checked, basic blood panel drawn to determine if your body is lacking anything "easy" to resolve.

I know how scary these times can be. Do your best to remind yourself that though this can be extremely scary and uncomfortable it is not life threatening and try to engage in things that keep your mind off of your body and help you relax (I know this is MUCH easier said than done!!!).

I find when I get like you are describing that if I can follow what my body is telling me (sleep when it wants to, eat when it wants to etc etc) and try not to worry about keeping a schedule (if you are able to do that).

Sending lots of (((HUGS))) your way and hoping you soon feel better!

I've had a mini storm today too- I woke up this morning to it, my pulse just pounding away so hard and my heart sank (literally) because I knew it was a punishment for doing too much yesterday :(

I've suffered all day today. Could it be you did too much yesterday, like I did? Or could it be hormonal? They're almost guaranteed to happen around period time for me now.

Guest Belinda

I hope that you start to feel better soon! Silly as it may sound have you tried to do deep breathing it is supposed to help wioth the autonomic functions. Sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't. Just an idea>