Where is the Research?

Mrs. Glass

I was just wondering what web sights are best to get information . I have been to the Vanderbilt University Web site but it never changes. Of course it could be me. I used to be great on the computer now it seems like I can barely remember how to type anything in. It is very upsetting. So I wanted to take some control back in my life and do some research, but I dont know where to begin. Any suggestions. I can not spend a lot of time in front of the computer these days, it hurts my eyes and the screen gets distorted. But I figured if someone knew of Websites to go to that would save me some time in front of this screen. Thanks Vanessa

On the Dinet main page there is a section called "Help yourself to answers to common questions". There are serveral links on there that are research related.

Actually, it's on this page...scroll up and you can see it above the discussion part.

Carmen

Vanessa,

I see you are from Alamagordo, I lived in Las Cruces for 4 years. I do know and have access to qualified doctors from Roswell to Lost Causes. These are Family Docs that I trust. PM me if you wish. I know its slim pickins there. Also have friends in Albeq, at UNM. Miriam :)

I have done a lot of research simply by typing what I want into a search engine- it takes time but works and that way you have access to the whole world!! For example I reacently tried typing 'sodium fludrocortisone' on google to get info about the link between the two. you get loads to look through- keeps us busy!!

Good luck

the main dinet web page has TONS of links that will keep you busy & lead you to additional info & places to look:

http://www.dinet.org/ANSlinks.htm

additionally, the vanderbilt site actually was updated in may (while i was there B)). the new parts are mostly "Autonomic Miscellany" & "Pharmacology of the ANS" and can be found under the section of the site entitled "learning resources". the direct link is:

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=adc&doc=4794

hope this helps,

;) melissa

I use the Medscape Search function ( www.medscape.com ). It requires a free registration but I have been using it for over a year and I have not received any advertisements or junk email from them. If you use the advanced search feature, you can sort the responses by date which means you can just see anything new that has been published on your topic and not have to sift through pages of old and obsolete material. The drawbacks are that most of the information is really technical as it is written for the health care profession and it is not specific to autonomic problems. I signed in as "other health care professional".