Jump to content

Caught a virus!

Dawg Tired

Recommended Posts

It started with waking up with bedspin. :angry: Then I started having pain in my ear last Friday. :angry: I thought it was something that would go away in a day or two... :) But it didn't.

Monday I called my doc and went in. He looked me over and prounounced me to have a virus. :angry:

So then... My Sister in law, Elaine, called and said she and her ma has the same thing. She is to stay off work for another 4 days because she is VERY contagious. I don't know if I picked it up somewhere and took it to them or if I picked it up there but, may I say... IT HAS KICKED MY BUTT!! I am so exhausted again. Kind of like when all this started. Doc said to rest, drink lots of fluids and try to eat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bless your heart. Interestingly, most people are relieved when they hear from a doctor that what they have is "just a virus," thinking it wil pass quickly. Unfortunately, for us "just a virus" is like saying "just being hit by a two-ton truck." When my children were ill (with normal childhood things), I always "babied" them and gave them special privileges. Today, with the POTS, on really bad days, I just give myself permission to be "babied." Because I live alone, usually I'm the one "babying" myself but it somehow works. I basically give myself permission to simply leave the gatorade bottle on the floor by the easy chair when it's empty, etc. On a better day, I'll go back to taking care of all the details of life.

So, baby yourself through this just like a mother would baby her sick child through it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sick too! Ughhh!

My 4 month old had his immunizations on Tuesday and a few hours later he started getting a high fever (103 degrees!) and diarrhea. It lasted for 2 days and he was inconsolable and crying constantly. I ended up taking him back to the doctor to make sure evertything was OK...his ped said that diarrhea is not a side effects of the shots, and I'm thinking yeah right, it started a few hours later!! He said it must be a virus...then by Friday he was feeling fine and just had this weird rash...doc again said that it must be a virus for a rash to show up after the fact. I thought he was nuts until yesterday afternoon when I started feeling queasy.

I was so slammed by the diarrhea and nausea that I had to give both kids to David for the night and crawl into bed, where I had a fever all night long of around 102. It was terrible...luckily I had some Zofran on hand so I was able to take some, that way I could sleep a little. I woke up this morning feeling better but still very achey, weak, and sooooooo dizzy!! Thank goodnes for my laptop, it's a lifesaver too today. If only these kids would stay quiet and let me rest....ugghhh.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooohhhh, I stayed home from church so I wouldn't spread it around... Looks like maybe, Hmmm, a computer (tee hee hee!) virus?? Just kidding... Didn't know y'all would catch it from me here!

Okay, the Holidays are coming, we all gotta start doing better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...